Who the hell punches Rick Moranis?

Free

she/feline
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
On HBO (Max):

Robert Zemeckis is in charge of the remake, and it looks like Anne Hathaway is having fun playing Anjelica Huston.

Free

she/feline
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Sterling Jerins played a young version of Charlize's character in Dark Places; I don't recall how well she did in that, and she's in her mid-teens right now so maybe a little too young to take on the starring role in a Mad Max style film? I can think of a few actresses who fit into her look (Julia Voth for one, who's known in part for playing Jill Valentine in the Resident Evil video games), but they all clock in at mid- to late-30s, and I suspect that's a little past Miller's prequel story idea.
CHECKED

Anya Taylor-Joy is officially going from New Mutants to Furiosa. She’s just been cast as the lead character in the upcoming Mad Max: Fury Road prequel, Furiosa, co-written and directed by George Miller. She’ll be joined by Chris Hemsworth and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II in unknown roles.

According to reports, Warner Bros. has yet to officially greenlight the film—but it’s in “advanced development” and after this news is a priority for the studio.

While we don’t know who Hemsworth or Abdul-Mateen II will be playing, we know a fair amount about Furiosa itself, as Miller has been talking about the film for years. During the long development and production of Fury Road, Miller helped write an origin story for the Charlie Theron character, purely so that the actress would have something to drawn on. Of course, the character immediately became an icon and eventually, Miller decided he’d make a film that explained Furiosa’s story before hitting the road with Max.
OK. Anya is not what I would call a "Cherize Theron" type, but I could see her in the part of a young Furiosa. Gotta do some contacts for the eye color, though.