Matthew Perry Died at 54

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
10,706
Location
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
65535

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
4,062
There are known risk factors with Jacuzzi's and other hot tubs: Got this from Google search results:
Staying in your hot tub too long can result in dizziness, light-headedness, overheating and dehydration, especially if you're soaking at a higher temperature. It can also cause burns, decrease in blood pressure, increased heart rate, nausea and vomiting.
 

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,462
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
I read this like as soon as I woke up this morning and my first thought was, "That's not funny."

I think it's going to turn out that he had a heart attack or something - that or God forbid replapsed and fell asleep because of drugs - because who the hell drowns in a jacuzzi?
Based on his last instagram post.

Its a very, very large jacuzzi. Its basically a pool with jets.

Also quite a few celebrities have died this way actually.
 

GoblinCampFollower

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
5,891
SL Rez
2007
Based on his last instagram post.

Its a very, very large jacuzzi. Its basically a pool with jets.

Also quite a few celebrities have died this way actually.
It kind of makes sense specifically because it's not an OBVIOUS risk. I'm sure a lot of elderly people die this way because they don't think this is a serious threat. I bet if I tried to tell my dad this was dangerous for him he'd laugh at me.
 

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
432
Location
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
SL Rez
2003
SLU Posts
15989
I read this like as soon as I woke up this morning and my first thought was, "That's not funny."

I think it's going to turn out that he had a heart attack or something - that or God forbid replapsed and fell asleep because of drugs - because who the hell drowns in a jacuzzi?
He has had drug and drinking problems in the past. He even said that at one time he couldn't watch Friends because he could tell what he was taking at the time, either drugs or alcohol. On drugs he'd lose weight and on alcohol he'd gain weight.
 

Zaida Gearbox

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
1,379
I read they were able to determine at the scene he didn't have phentanol (sp) or meth in his system. A friend of mine was asking why this death is such a big deal, an I was like because at least for white Gen-X people Matthew Perry was a major cultural icon.
 

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,462
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
WHY WOULD PEOPLE KILL MATTHEW PERRY?
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,702
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,462
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
He had money?
Probably. I remember news stories about the ridiculous amounts of money the actors got for doing Friends back in the day.
 

GoblinCampFollower

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
5,891
SL Rez
2007