Mapping 46 - what should/will Biden do?

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Using 2 executive orders Thursday, President Joe Biden reopened the health exchanges created by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), directed his administration to reexamine other health policies, including Medicaid work requirements, and reversed the so-called global gag rule while affirming support for reproductive health.

One order will reopen HealthCare.gov from February 15 to May 15, something health policy experts suggested the Trump administration do last year to cope with the loss of health insurance amid staggering job losses created by the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic.
I'm sure glad the Trump administration finally got around to instituting a replacement for the ACA.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Biden administration moves to release billions of long-awaited Maria relief for Puerto Rico
The Biden administration approved releasing $1.3 billion in funding for Puerto Rico Monday as part of a Hurricane Maria disaster relief package, a federal official confirmed to El Nuevo Herald and the Miami Herald, the first such distribution from a new president who has promised to speed delivery of the long-delayed funds.

Releasing Maria relief for Puerto Rico a ‘priority,’ White House says Department of Housing and Urban Development spokesman Michael Burns also said the department took a step Monday toward loosening restrictions on $4.9 billion in relief funds previously approved by the former President Donald Trump’s administration in the hours before he left office.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Former Presidents still receive intelligence briefings on a regular base. Joe Biden wants to remove Donald J. Trump from that list.

"Well, let me ask you then something that you do have oversight of as president," O'Donnell said. "Should former President Trump still receive intelligence briefings?"
Former presidents often have the opportunity to receive intelligence briefings as a courtesy.
"I think not," Mr. Biden responded.
"Why not?" O'Donnell asked.
"Because of his erratic behavior unrelated to the insurrection," Mr. Biden said.
The president did not elaborate on his concerns about what might happen if Mr. Trump continues to receive the briefings, but questioned what value that could add for the country.
"I'd rather not speculate out loud," Mr. Biden said. "I just think that there is no need for him to have the intelligence briefings. What value is giving him an intelligence briefing? What impact does he have at all, other than the fact he might slip and say something?"

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Former Presidents still receive intelligence briefings on a regular base. Joe Biden wants to remove Donald J. Trump from that list.

"Well, let me ask you then something that you do have oversight of as president," O'Donnell said. "Should former President Trump still receive intelligence briefings?"
Former presidents often have the opportunity to receive intelligence briefings as a courtesy.
"I think not," Mr. Biden responded.
"Why not?" O'Donnell asked.
"Because of his erratic behavior unrelated to the insurrection," Mr. Biden said.
The president did not elaborate on his concerns about what might happen if Mr. Trump continues to receive the briefings, but questioned what value that could add for the country.
"I'd rather not speculate out loud," Mr. Biden said. "I just think that there is no need for him to have the intelligence briefings. What value is giving him an intelligence briefing? What impact does he have at all, other than the fact he might slip and say something?"

Considering evidence suggests he never read them -as- president, I don't see why ex president Trump should get them now.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Right! As the interview suggests getting them is also not a right, but more a gesture of courtesy. And the intel which is shared must be approved by the president in office upfront.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
They could always send him the actual weather reports for his golf course at Mar a Lago as briefing reports.
What?
A briefing is a briefing, right?

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Right! As the interview suggests getting them is also not a right, but more a gesture of courtesy.
It's not only a courtesy. The idea is to get useful advice from previous office-holders when the need arises. So you keep them up to date. But Donnie's a useless POS, so no point in his case. I'm sure Biden would get good advice from Obama.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The theory, as I understand it, was that there are sometimes major long-term issues of national security and international relations about which it would be very useful to have the previous incumbents' insights.

But in this case... nope. No possible advantage, and huge, and disqualifying, disadvantages.

ETA: What Daniel posted seconds before I did.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
They could always send him the actual weather reports for his golf course at Mar a Lago as briefing reports.
What?
A briefing is a briefing, right?
I would put in the briefing book a pair of Fruit of the Loom underpants embroidered with "46" and a note that says "You've been briefed", and wait to see how long it takes Donnie to notice, but I'm a mean person.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
As long as I am not worrying what potus and his followers do 24 7.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
flipping Trump arguments said:
The Biden administration told the Supreme Court on Wednesday that it should uphold the Affordable Care Act, reversing the position of the Trump administration that had urged the justices to strike down the entire law amid the coronavirus pandemic.

"Following the change in Administration, the Department of Justice has reconsidered the government's position," Deputy Solicitor General Edwin Kneedler told the court in a letter Wednesday. The United States "no longer adheres to the conclusions" in a brief filed by the Trump administration.

Kneedler said the federal government now maintains that the law's individual mandate is constitutional, but even if the court disagrees, it should sever the mandate and allow the rest of the sprawling law to stand. Such a move would maintain the status quo, as the penalty associated with the mandate has been brought down to zero.

:LOL:

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

It continues to amaze me just how genius the Illuminati Democrats really are.

• 1Angry
  • 1lolwut?
Reactions: Govi and Ryanna Enfield

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Better.

President Joe Biden intends to work with Congress to repeal the war authorizations that have underpinned U.S. military operations across the globe for the past two decades and negotiate a new one that reins in the open-ended nature of America’s foreign wars, the White House said Friday.

In a statement to POLITICO, press secretary Jen Psaki said the president wants to “ensure that the authorizations for the use of military force currently on the books are replaced with a narrow and specific framework that will ensure we can protect Americans from terrorist threats while ending the forever wars.”