- Joined
- Sep 19, 2018
- Messages
- 9,979
- Location
- Ohio
- Joined SLU
- 02-22-2008
- SLU Posts
- 16791
Ugh - I mean, I use bing to search, but.... still use gmail for mail... and been using it for years.
If the cartels were smart, they'd be gearing up to distribute vaccines and anti-virals. Their profit margins should be just as high and it would clean up their image.My god. Suddenly today "drug cartels" are the greatest threat to the country and they're spending a whole news conference justifying starting a new drug war in the middle of a freaking global pandemic.
So the HIV epidemic started before then, but was identified as a medical condition in 1981. To date it has killed about 725,000 people total in the US. We'll see if the coronavirus kills more of us.I've said it before, saying it again, the 80s have returned to destroy us.
1989My god. Suddenly today "drug cartels" are the greatest threat to the country and they're spending a whole news conference justifying starting a new drug war in the middle of a freaking global pandemic.
The Art of Wagging the DogMy god. Suddenly today "drug cartels" are the greatest threat to the country and they're spending a whole news conference justifying starting a new drug war in the middle of a freaking global pandemic.
Starting to sound like the low-end used car salesman he is at heart.He is up to... what?
It's interesting times, when Microsoft become "The good Guys™"...Ugh - I mean, I use bing to search, but.... still use gmail for mail... and been using it for years.
Trying to safe the US econony in the only style he knows: as a snake oil salesman.He is up to... what?
Kars for Kids? As you say, no real info, but usually it is bad.He is up to... what?
According to Sherman, when New York’s governor, Andrew Cuomo, said that the state would need 30,000 ventilators at the apex of the coronavirus outbreak, Kushner decided that Cuomo was being alarmist. “I have all this data about I.C.U. capacity,” Kushner reportedly said. “I’m doing my own projections, and I’ve gotten a lot smarter about this.
Now, in our hour of existential horror, Kushner is making life-or-death decisions for all Americans, showing all the wisdom we’ve come to expect from him.
“Mr. Kushner’s early involvement with dealing with the virus was in advising the president that the media’s coverage exaggerated the threat,” reported The Times. It was apparently at Kushner’s urging that Trump announced, falsely, that Google was about to launch a website that would link Americans with coronavirus testing. (As The Atlantic reported, a health insurance company co-founded by Kushner’s brother — which Kushner once owned a stake in — tried to build such a site, before the project was “suddenly and mysteriously scrapped.”)
Deutsche Bank and Trump already have a tumultuous past, with Trump suing the bank after the 2008 financial crisis, claiming it was an “act of God” that voided the contracts on hundreds of millions in loans. Deutsche Bank attorneys filed court documents showing that after the 2008 crash, Trump bragged to several media outlets that his company had tons of cash on hand but then claimed he couldn’t repay his loans.