Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
but I ordered a power cord separately
Ugh.

Is the power adapter a barrel plug, or Lenovo's USB-styled (proprietary) plug, which I think Lenovo calls a slim tip?

I have an extra of the latter, 65W (I buy an extra so I can keep one at work). If you can use it and don't receive the one you ordered, let me know and I can send it your way.

• 1Like
Reactions: Robert Jung

Robert Jung

It s rectangular like a USB but thicker, almost square, with 2 pins instead of a USB horizontal row.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Send me a PM (conversation...) with your address. If/when you find you're not receiving the ordered one.

• 1Like

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
Hah! I defeated the evil corporate computer-generated replies and managed to make an ACTUAL PERSON notice that my package was sitting in a New York State warehouse for THIRTEEN DAYS. Now it's in Massachusetts. I should have it by Monday. ;)
hehe - I also defeated an evil corporate computer-generated phone system. I've been needing to cancel a credit card for a while now, and everything I've seen suggested that there's a certain number I could use, or use mail. I've never gotten the number to work until today. Today it gave me 5 options (or thereabouts), none of which involved "cancel card" or "talk to a human". So, since I read something that said I should be able to use that number, I kept hitting random numbers (none of the option numbers) and . . . a human came on! And . . . cancelling the card was dead easy once I got a human. sheesh. Years, YEARS I've been trying to cancel this card.

Completely unrelated to the topic of this thread, but that's VVO.

Slightly more related - I got a new computer myself the other day (Saturday). Unrelated to this thread, since I got a top of the line desktop. Makes my gaming laptop look like it should only be used as a paperweight. Mind, the only advanced thing I've tried with it is to run multiple accounts of SL at same time, but still better than the gaming laptop. First time I've had a desktop in about 23 or so years. And first Apple in . . . 27 years.

• 1Like

Knutz Scorpio

SL Rez
Joined SLU
02-15-2014
"For account information, pleases h"
"Sorry, we don't rec"
"Sorry, we d"
"Sorry, we"
"Please stay on the line while we direct you to an operator [you pain in the ass]"

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
"For account information, pleases h"
"Sorry, we don't rec"
"Sorry, we d"
"Sorry, we"
"Please stay on the line while we direct you to an operator [you pain in the ass]"
When I get a phone tree and any problem even remotely weird (which would mean any problem I am calling a help line for), my go to is to just pound "0" and say "Operator" over and over until the system kicks me to a person.

• 2Like
Reactions: Robert Jung and Govi

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
When I get a phone tree and any problem even remotely weird (which would mean any problem I am calling a help line for), my go to is to just pound "0" and say "Operator" over and over until the system kicks me to a person.
The call center I used to support was part of a national support structure. Your call would sit in queue until the next available agent somwhere in the US was free. Calls rolled over between multiple call centers ranging from 20 (grapevine, salt lake city) to 1500 (Houston). The VRU was set up that hitting any key that wasn't a valid option (billing, troubleshooting, etc) would just dump you into the general queue. That is unless you knew exactly which key to push at exactly the right time, then you'd be first in line to a person. You were never able to get a specific call center which made testing som of the projects I was involved with a pain.

• 1Like

Robert Jung

This was an evil computer generated * email* I flooded it with emails until someone noticed ;)

• 1Like
Reactions: Knutz Scorpio

Robert Jung

This was typed on a Lenovo Yoga 12 !

* now all I have to dois recover my password to SL ;)

Robert Jung

My old password for my old email died in my old PC. The Linden's are searching through the file cards ;)

Robert Jung

My shaky hand makes tyyping on a tablet a bit of a chore, and picking out emoticons is frustrating; but I am happy now, I has CURSOR and I can like people again !

• 1Yay!
Reactions: Caete

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
Robert wakes up in a haze , looks at his stomach and wonders how the Hulu girls got there !
Has no idea what hulu girls are but is going back to the parlor for a refund as we asked for Betty Boop hula dancers... ;-)

• 1LOL
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Robert Jung

Geeze! It hasnt been that long since I linked to a web image , 2 or 3 years? I cant remember how to do it. I wish I could blame this on drugs but I think it might be senility! i remember alt v but I am forgeting something. Snipping tool maybe?

I would be embarassed to admit this but I lost my dignity years ago ;)

Robert Jung

I've logged in and walked around. Graphics and performance quite decent: but trying to fit SL into a 12 " screen is a tad bit tricky ;)

Robert Jung

I'm mostly happy with the Yoga, but ...

It was listed as having 8 m Ram but, when I search in System I discovered it only has 4mb. There ws a fancy version of the Yoga that did coming with the extra Ram but I have the standard version. Unfortunately, the memory is hard wired and can't be added to. I wiah I had noticed that.

Another thing I should have noticed is that the Yoga 12 doesn't have a ethernet connector for the router. I can get a adapter which connects to the router via a USB socket

SL: performance is quite acceptable apart from 2 issues:
1. sometimes notecards & menus are black and take forever to load. Logging out and coming back is inconvenient but does seems to fix it. I can live with that.
2.One or two mesh bodies will take a minute or two for all parts to fit together; 4 mesh bodies take longer but eventually rez. , and of course a group of 10 dancers is hopeless, but I kind of expected that ;)

Lag meter shows red for the network, and the statistics window shows initial packet loss of > 25% which drops to a fairly steady 10% after that.

I'm going to order the USB ethernet adapter, hopefully a wired connection will help at least a bit. I? -thanks

Last edited: