How COVID-19 is affecting society

Rose Karuna

Childless Crazy Cat Lady
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 24, 2018
Messages
2,490
Location
Central Florida
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
2007


It's a pretty damning story.
This is heart wrenching. I'm betting that both race and gender were working against her. (Even though she was an MD herself, how could she possibly know better than a male MD)?

Having an arrogant "middle-aged white doctor" was a death sentence for her. I'm guessing that things probably got worse after she complained and all the hospital administration wanted to do was get her the hell out of there no matter what her real condition was.

Also, because of COVID, none of her family could be by her bedside and advocate for her. This is what you have to do now, seriously. I had to do it for my Mom, my Dad and several friends. You need someone who cares about you to check on you and what your caregivers are doing every damn day. They have so much power over your life, but patients forget that medical professionals are people too. Some are awesome and others, not so much. They have bad and good days, clouded perceptions, times when they are more distracted as well as prejudices and biases. One hopes that they are professional enough to overcome those but it's not something that you can count on. That's why you need that advocate by your side. 😢
 

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
Something to look forward to:


“In 2024, all of those [pandemic trends] will be reversed,” he said. “People will relentlessly seek out social interactions.” That could include “sexual licentiousness”, liberal spending, and a “reverse of religiosity”.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: Kalel

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
15,369
Location
Cat Country (Can't Stop Here)
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
  • 1Like
Reactions: Arkady Arkright

Roxanne Blue

Una Mujer Fantastica
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
430
Location
Edge of the Earth
SL Rez
2009
Joined SLU
June 2009
SLU Posts
6577
That's why you need that advocate by your side. 😢
When I went through a major health crisis 20 years ago, I'd have been dead if not for my wife as my advocate. She held the doctors and nurses accountable to explain what was happening, why certain meds/procedures were needed, and even minor day-to-day comfort issues. Some nurses are as close to saints as anyone I have ever known; I won't say any are demons, but just note they seem motivated by rewards other than saintly.

A friend in Ohio lost his 94-year-old mother today. You can hardly claim she was cut down in the prime of youth, but her life was certainly cut shorter than it should have been. Fortunately, though they had to be separated by a window between two rooms, they were able to see each other and say their goodbyes. He says he made her laugh, and you could feel his joy at being able to give that last gift of love. His mother's nurses were of the angel variety; I don't know if any bells rang.
 

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
Being an introvert has never inhibited my lack of religiosity nor, I fear, my tendency to overspend, nor, when I was younger, my sexual licentiousness (a fine old fashioned term there). Didn't stop me from enjoying parties, either, though it did mean I generally drank too much, in order to make being in a room with lots of strangers feel anything like fun.
 
Last edited:

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
4,062
How is it that not a single one of them has a lick of rhythm?
There are actual studies showing you lose your dance mojo sometime after peak fertility. It's been years since I saw a reference to it and I'm too lazy to look it up, but it's out there.
 
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459


A tragedy..
So where are all those "Healing ministries" right now and why aren't they busy casting out the demons of Covid-19 from members of the congregation afflicted by them?

It would be such an ideal opportunity, one would have thought, to bear witness to the truth of Scripture, thus bringing multitudes to salvation after seeing the healing power of miracles.

Seriously, I wonder what effect this is having on tele-evangelism and prosperity churches and so on, and how they're explaining their failure to pray away the plague, particularly since the Covid-19 demons seem to take a delight in attacking pastors and members of their congregations who stand up for Jesus by holding in-person religious worship.
 
Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield