Flavor

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Sometimes I crave one flavor or another. Tonight it was bbq sauce on cheese steak. Philadelphians would frown. The top shelf of my fridge is crowded with the necessaries.

Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Acid. I'm all about the acid these days.

I've got those little Sicilia squirts like yours above, lemon for most green veggies and lime for avocados.

And pickled EVERYTHING. Pickles of course, at least 3-4 varieties in the fridge at any given time (HOT DAMN DILLS are SOOOOO good!), plus pickled asparagus, pickled beets, pickled giardinera, pickled peppers, pickled jalapenos, and pickled okra.

Basically the entire lower shelf of our fridge is random vegetation in vinegar. :)

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Basically the entire lower shelf of our fridge is random vegetation in vinegar. :)
I love vinegar too. They aren't in my fridge though so aren't in the picture. Malt vinegar for french fries. And for cooking, white, balsamic, apple cider, rice, and white wine vinegar.

• 1Like
Reactions: Ava Glasgow

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I’m obsessed with garlic.

I have also been adding fruit flavors to water, kind of pointless since it doesn’t add calories or caffeine, just taste.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I like garlic a lot too but can't be bothered mincing it up. I know the way to do it. Chop both ends off. Use the dull handle end of a knife to squash it. Then the skin will come off easily. Still, scooping it out of a bottle is easier.
Yeah I just scoop it out of a jar. Buying whole garlic was an exercise in good intentions never fulfilled.

• 1Like
Reactions: Essence Lumin

eku zhong

Zhonging along.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Mar 2009
SLU Posts
Our fridge is never without kimchi...
Also recent flavour fave is lycopene x4 ketchup...

• 1Love
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Myficals

Nein!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
Have you tried black garlic?
Are you allergic?
Not allergies, I've been developing a bit of acid reflux as I've gotten older, and alliums, in particular garlic, are the major culprits. Black garlic too, unfortunately. I can still eat it in smaller amounts* without things getting too unpleasant, but I've had to curb my consumption considerably in recent years. Yet another reason getting older sucks.

* -- Admittedly, my definition of a "smaller" amount of garlic is still quite large compared to the norm. Where once I'd roast whole heads as a side condiment for steak, these days I'll just do compound butters.