policy File Attachment Policy

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
doing something would be good.. I don't remember any of my flickr logins and I have no idea where else to load them where they won't vanish.
I keep mine in a password manager. Once flickr started getting antsy about embedding images (I mean, what is the POINT of them if you can not do that, I had and would continue to happily pay to do that) I stopped being as interested in their site.

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Or don't grab an account, just upload without an account and you never hit the per-account limits.
There aren't any limits like that.

Upload Limit

There is an upload limit of 50 images per IP address per hour. There is no upload limit per account, so upload to your heart's desire!

The only limit is the size of the images.

The maximum file size for non-animated images (think JPG, PNG, etc) is 20MB. PNG files over 5MB will be converted to JPEGs.

The maximum file size for animated images (like GIFs) and video is 200MB. Video uploads cannot be longer than 30 seconds. GIF and video files over 2MB will be converted to GIFVs, where the sound is removed.

If you don't have an account you can't use the features. If you are just uploading to post willy nilly on the internet then no, you won't need an account but if you are wanting to store and use the images then yes, you should get an account so you can organize and label your albums and the images.

Unless of course you just like haphazard and losing images.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I use imgur both ways, with and without an account, depending. BECAUSE YOU CAN LOG IN AND OUT OF IT.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
There aren't any limits like that.
Perhaps it's changed, but when I started using IMGUR I started by creating an account and after a while it stopped letting me upload more images. So I quit using my account.

Unless of course you just like haphazard and losing images.
So long as they don't expire, there's really no sense in which I can "lose" them, since you can always go back from an image link to the page link.

• 1LOL
Reactions: WolfEyes

NyteWytch

What's good, Miley?
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
SLU Posts
IMGUR will delete those not attached to accounts depending on views. So if important save to an account, if shitpost live dangerously! But like anything with the internet...use at your own risk not everything is forever!

• 1Agree
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Argent Stonecutter

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Well, my oldest posts in Totally Random Image Thread haven't rotted yet.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
But like anything with the internet...use at your own risk not everything is forever!
I'm pretty sure the internet is not the only place that's true. :coffee:

• 1LOL
Reactions: Couldbe Yue

Tigar

🥧 Because Pie 🥧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
💨 💨 🥧
SLU Posts
Ok so, if it’s not allowed to embed images, then how are people doing it?

Argent Stonecutter

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Storing the image elsewhere and linking to them with an "img" tag.

Like this:

Drinking tabasco straight from the bottle? Oh my sweet summer child.

• 1In Love
Reactions: Tigar

Tigar

🥧 Because Pie 🥧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
💨 💨 🥧
SLU Posts
Storing the image elsewhere and linking to them with an "img" tag.

Like this:

Drinking tabasco straight from the bottle? Oh my sweet summer child.
Oh! Just like before!

I didn’t realize that Caprisun made a Tabasco flavored pouch now!

I swear, Ferrets is so dayum useful, n’ helpful... When the revolution comes you shall be the last up against the wall.

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Oh! Just like before!

I didn’t realize that Caprisun made a Tabasco flavored pouch now!

I swear, Ferrets is so dayum useful, n’ helpful... When the revolution comes you shall be the last up against the wall.

Um. Did you quite one of my posts by accident and then changed it cuz my Alerts said you quoted me but I'm not seeing it? :confused:

• 1Meh
Reactions: Tigar

Argent Stonecutter

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
The alerts are not always completely accurate.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Sid and Tigar

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
The alerts are not always completely accurate.

Never seen it happen before. Not even on Emp's forum even with the large population it has.

FORUM STATISTICS
Discussions: 14,702
Members: 23,859
Could have been a glitch or deleted post. No big deal really. Just curious.

Tigar

🥧 Because Pie 🥧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
💨 💨 🥧
SLU Posts
WolfEyes is kinda correct. I did quote her In reference to the posting pics thing and then my iPad crashed before I could finish the post. By the time I got back, I had forgotten what I was saying and just stuck to my original thought about posting pics.

I’m pretty sure it had nothin’ ta do with starfishing.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: WolfEyes

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
Perhaps it's changed, but when I started using IMGUR I started by creating an account and after a while it stopped letting me upload more images. So I quit using my account.
I just made more accounts >.>

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Tigar

🥧 Because Pie 🥧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
💨 💨 🥧
SLU Posts
I’m willin’ ta try it, n’ it’s on the groceraries list ta be picked up this weekend.

But here’s the thing, n’ the hole 🕳 of the thing... I like ta be able ta taste teh food beneath teh hawt sauce. There’s some sauces so hot 🥵 that ya mouth 👄 immediately catches fire, 🔥 and ya can’t taste a dayum thing.

Some people like that, I has a friend who has a sign up in his kitchen that says “Food is just an excuse for hot sauce”.
n’ he ain’t wrong.

But no, the ‘basco Is not just “vaguely spicy vinegar” it has a ‘tang’ to it that no other sauce has, well none I’ve ever met anyhow.

I grew up sipping it... uh, I mean, slathering it on the jambalaya my sainted momma useta make. *

I remember when I was a kitten, sipping from the bottle and she slapped it outa my hand and yelled at me, “That’s unsanitary! And besides, other people want some too! “

And wait what huh? Why we aren’t doin’ this inna food thread 🧵?

* mai momma was from de Baton Rouge, Lake Charles area of Louisiana, does I need say more?
Ok n’ actually, she was nu saint... in fact, she could be a raving ** bitch sometimes!

** Thomas Covenant books kinda Raver.

• 1Like
Reactions: Essence Lumin
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Tigar, in my warped mind your post was just begging to be translated to jive. Here it is.

I’m gotss'ta in’ ta try it, n’ it’s on de groceraries list ta be picked waaay down dis weekend. But here’s de wahtahmellun, n’ de hole 🕳 uh de wahtahmellun... ah' likes ta be able ta taste teh food benead teh hawt sauce. What it is, Mama. Right On! Dere’s some sauces so's hot 🥵 dat ya moud 👄 immediately catches fire, 🔥 and ya kin’t taste some dayum wahtahmellun. Some sucka's likes dat, ah' gotss'ta some homey who gotss'ta some sign waaay down in his kitchen dat says “Food be plum an 'suse fo' hot sauce”. n’ he ain’t wrong. But no, de ‘basco Is not plum “vaguely spicy vinegar” it gotss'ta some ‘tang’ t'it dat no oda' sauce gotss'ta, sheeit none I’ve eva' met anyhow. I grew waaay down sippin' it... uh, ah' mean, sladerin' it on de jambalaya mah' sainted momma useta make. What it is, Mama. Right On! * I rememba' when ah' wuz some kitten, sippin' fum de bottle and she slapped it outa mah' hand and yelled at me, “Dat’s unsanitary. Right On! And besides, oda' sucka's wants' some too. Right On! “ And wait whut huh? Why we aren’t doin’ dis inna food dread 🧵? * mai momma wuz fum de Baton Rouge, Lake Charles area uh Louisiana, duz ah' need say mo'e? Ok n’ actually, she wuz nu saint... in fact, she could be some ravin' ** bitch sometimes. Right On!

• 2LOL
Reactions: Govi and Tigar