Facebook is now...Meta

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Evernote Link
There are many reasons I avoid social medias. I couldn't tell you what some of those reasons are because they are the kind that you can't quite put your finger on until that eureka moment that hasn't happened yet. This is one of those.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Last month, a researcher for Meta prepared a talk for colleagues that they knew would hit close to home. The subject: how to cope as a researcher when the company you work for is constantly receiving negative press.

The talk had been approved to show at the company’s annual research summit for employees in early November. But shortly before the event, Meta’s legal and communications department determined that the risk of the contents leaking were too great. So it disappeared from the research summit’s agenda days before, along with another pre-taped talk describing efforts to combat hate speech and bullying. Both talks never saw the light of day.

The pulling of the talks highlights how a barrage of leaks and external scrutiny has chilled the flow of information inside the company formerly known as Facebook.

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Wait, Facebook tried to change its name back in October? I could have sworn it was just last month.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Wait, Facebook tried to change its name back in October? I could have sworn it was just last month.
It was an early Halloween present.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
For crying out loud...

Mark Zuckerberg rolled out new company values on Tuesday, including one based on a maritime saying.

The CEO of Meta, formerly known as Facebook, said in a post on his Facebook page that he had told employees in a virtual all-hands meeting that he wanted the workforce to adopt a new motto: "Meta, Metamates, Me."

"Meta, Metamates, Me is about being good stewards of our company and mission," he wrote. "It's about the sense of responsibility we have for our collective success and to each other as teammates. It's about taking care of our company and each other."
It refers to the naval "ship, shipmates, self," which Meta's chief technology officer said was something Instagram had been using for a while internally. It's long been discussed in business organizational circles as a way to increase efficiency.
Oh yeah, that'll improve things around the office. Or, not...

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
You know what happens when you treat your employees like children?

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
They dance on the table when you're not in?

Last edited:
  • 1LOL
Reactions: WolfEyes

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Meta and Apple are entering a period of "very deep, philosophical competition" that will define the future of the Internet, according to comments by Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg obtained by The Verge.

Both Apple and Meta are planning to invest heavily in mixed reality over the next decade, but they have diametrically opposed visions for what the AR/VR/XR landscape should ideally look like.
Apparently Zuck wants to rule everything. If any type of competition between two giant corporations will define the future of the Internet, we can look forward to a pretty shitty internet.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Isabeau

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Meta Platforms plunged as much as 9% on Thursday, losing more than $40 billion in market value, after the company reported second-quarter earnings results that missed analyst expectations.

The social media giant also offered weaker-than-expected third-quarter guidance as it continues its buildout of Reels, its competitor to TikTok, and suffers from lost advertising revenue due to Apple's IDFA privacy change.
I know I'm really waiting for Reels...

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I know I'm really waiting for Reels...
I HATE Reels.

I ininstalled Instagram because there is so much annoying Video and I close to removing Facebook for the same reason. It keeps showing Reels instead of Stories at the top and constantly suggesting Reels even though I tell it, "Don't show me this."

• 1Agree
Reactions: Isabeau