Covid-19 vaccine thread

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
I didn't have the nerve to read the replies on that one. Probably people telling her how she's "killing her kids" and other nasty stuff.
I'm sure there are a lot of agreements, too, but when I see that other 💩, I think about how all those all people are holding us back, and I get angry, depressed, or both.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Probably people telling her how she's "killing her kids" and other nasty stuff.
They are in fact killing themselves. Chart is vaccination rates and death rates as a function of percent voting for Trump. A Trump voter was 60% less likely to be vaccinated. Assuming they take fewer other precautions, the spread in their counties doesn't just go up, but up exponentially, literally going off the top of the graph. Deaths tag along with cases with a few weeks of lag. Data is as of Nov 30 2021 among age 18 and up. Kids can't vote and many aren't vaccinated yet.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Missouri’s top health official, a Republican who opposes mask and vaccine mandates but spoke approvingly of the Covid vaccine, was supposed to have been confirmed by State Senate by Friday.

Instead, conservative state legislators stonewalled the process earlier this week and Donald Kauerauf resigned on Tuesday, becoming the latest public health leader to be forced from office, as the politicized fight about masks, mandates and pandemic response rages on.

Mr. Kaeurauf had been appointed by Gov. Mike Parsons, a Republican, in July to lead the state’s Department of Health and Senior Services and had served in the position since September.

At a Monday hearing, Mr. Kaeurauf emphasized his opposition to mandatory masking and vaccination, but repeated his desire to see improvement in Missouri’s sluggish vaccination rate. Only about half of the state’s population has received two doses.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Someone let me know when that's actually available.
Meanwhile, I've got my trusty antihistamine spray.

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Ok. I have to ask even though I know you all are going to laugh at me for asking. I wouldn't need to ask if I knew.

What is the deal with the pink unicorn? Don't tell me to google it because tubgirl is never ever happening again.

So... for once I don't mind being laughed at just a little bit.

Stop laughing! :flail::stopsign:😂

Chalice Yao

The Purple
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2007
SLU Posts
Ok. I have to ask even though I know you all are going to laugh at me for asking. I wouldn't need to ask if I knew.

What is the deal with the pink unicorn? Don't tell me to google it because tubgirl is never ever happening again.

So... for once I don't mind being laughed at just a little bit.

Stop laughing! :flail::stopsign:😂

:shiftyeyes: