WTF Climate Change News

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
The news about flooding reminds me of when I was at a tour of the Everglades earlier this year. The guide admitted sea levels were obviously rising but insisted it wasn't as much as people say.... it was as if to say he knew it was real, but still wanted to minimize it due to politics.

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
  • 1Like
Reactions: Sid

Beebo Brink

SL Rez
More squandering of resources trying to shore up land that will be swept away, over and over again, more trying to maintain a status quo that is headed for oblivion. Let's hope there are still some resources left over when everyone has to be re-settled on the mainland.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
More squandering of resources trying to shore up land that will be swept away, over and over again, more trying to maintain a status quo that is headed for oblivion. Let's hope there are still some resources left over when everyone has to be re-settled on the mainland.

Meanwhile, our city is trying to add in more barrier island and places to help the environment locally. And the Fort that's across in Pensacola Beach has some excellent displays explaining the purpose of barrier islands, and with a fair bit of environmental stuff, as well as the historical stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Texas is suffering an unprecendented heat wave - again. It's so hot, that Tesla asked car owners not to charge their EVs betweem 3 and 8 pm.

Furthermore the biggest bitcoin mining companies in Texas stopped mining, which freed up 1000MWh of capacity. Since China banned crypto mining, many miners moved from there to Texas.

The heat wave is expected to get worse over time, and to last for several weeks.

Beebo Brink

SL Rez
ETA : The source apparently lacks credibility, as Bartholomew details below.
---------------------------------
This is the most frightening article yet that I've read about climate change/human's impact on the environment. And that's saying quite a lot, considering the news that I've posted over the years.

Not sure whether this has been corroborated and whether it's valid, but the basic patterns it discusses are certainly nothing new. Acidic ocean water dissolves plankton and diatoms, we already know that. Even before reading this article, it really wasn't a matter of "if this happens", so much as "when this happens." And if the answer is "sooner than expected", well... yeah.

Last edited:

Tirellia

Cold and Wet
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I live about 30 miles from Brize Norton and can confirm, hotter than Satan's bumhole today.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Sid

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
This is the most frightening article yet that I've read about climate change/human's impact on the environment. And that's saying quite a lot, considering the news that I've posted over the years.

Not sure whether this has been corroborated and whether it's valid, but the basic patterns it discusses are certainly nothing new. Acidic ocean water dissolves plankton and diatoms, we already know that. Even before reading this article, it really wasn't a matter of "if this happens", so much as "when this happens." And if the answer is "sooner than expected", well... yeah.

Actually... no. The original article and linked study is bullshit.

Last edited:

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

Why did Sky News' coverage of the heat wave feature this live feed of...just the Sun, up in the sky? Were they hoping to see it do a trick or something?