#BYEDON 2020 - The End Better Fucking Be Near

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
9,529
Location
Montréal
SL Rez
2007
Personally, I hope they won’t “go high” this time. I ordinarily think we should do better, be the example, in life, but there’s a time when you must show your limits when it comes to such cruelty and ugliness.

It’s good to not bite at first, and to try and reason as much as you can, but when it comes to hate and greed (racism, corruption, disregard of democracy, etc etc etc) show no mercy.

Any kind of mercy will be seen as weakness with these types, and in four years, trump may be gone but they will try and place someone much more sly to take advantage of trumpists leftover and it will be that much harder to beat them.
 

Sid

Member from the past.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,133
The most effective teaching method is by good example.
 

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
9,529
Location
Montréal
SL Rez
2007
The example being how much you will take from your abuser before you strike back.

I believe you respect those who respect you back, and sometimes you have to be the one who shows respect first, but after repeated disrespect, you must teach your children to not accept abuse, i.e. to respect themselves first.
 

eku zhong

Zhonging along.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
435
Location
居留守
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
Mar 2009
SLU Posts
15419
I think (hope a little) we might even see DonDon throw some of his republican cronies under the bus if he loses and eviction time gets close.
I would assume he knows that tweeting state secrets or giving them to foreign countries would get him whisked out and locked up pronto (but maybe he isn't that not dumb) but tweeting dirty laundry of people around him who he feels deserted him might very well be on the cards.
I have popcorn.
 

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
9,529
Location
Montréal
SL Rez
2007
We need a tiny violin 🎻 reaction for these times...

I would enjoy pressing it over and over during the next few months, and omg, on the day he is finally booted out crying and tantruming.

This would bring me to orgasm... 🤗
 

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
Phillip Bump, in the Washington Post, says that Republican legislators are now being forced to choose between accepting the reality (which many of them must welcome) that Trump has lost the election, or go along with the fantasy world in which he and his hard-core base live, now that the two have so spectacularly collided.

They can't simply sit it out, because his team is making it clear that, whatever the outcome, they and their deplorables aren't going away, and any disloyalty now will count against them later.

Evernote link because paywall
 
  • 1Aww
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
4,140
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
9410
You know, I'll welcome any republicans who are willing to admit they fucked up and omg, how do we help fix this mess.

Because part of this mess is an unwillingness to accept anyone we see as 'enemy', and I -really, really, really- want to return to a day when being an independent voter didn't mean, 'Welp, voting for the dems again even if I don't agree, because at least they are normal human people and not lying, cheating psychopaths.'

I can hope, right?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.