#BYEDON 2020 - The End Better Fucking Be Near

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakota Tebaldi

Well-known member
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
9,979
Location
Ohio
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
16791
The poetry of the Trump campaign press conference earlier this morning:


It was during this conference that news orgs started calling the race.


Trump wasn't there; he was at his golf course. As far as they were concerned today was just going to be another "waiting day" like yesterday. Surprise!
 

Dakota Tebaldi

Well-known member
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
9,979
Location
Ohio
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
16791
Of all the members of Trump's official Basket of Deplorables, Rudy Giuliani's fall was the most ignominious and frankly saddening. I'm not saying he was ever a particularly great guy - but look at what he's reduced to in that video above. He's the one guy on Trump's team that I can't even bring myself to feel any schadenfreude for because it's just so...sad. Maybe it's just me, I don't know.
 
  • 1Agree
  • 1Hug
Reactions: Beebo Brink and Sid

detrius

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
2,664
Location
Land of bread, beer and BMW.
Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
10065
Aside from the humor of them ending up at the Four Seasons landscape store rather than hotel:

Giuliani: Judges don't count

Election Officials: No, we do.
To be fair to Mayor Budget Nosferatu, what he was trying to say was that the result of this election isn't going to be decided by news networks, but by judges.

Which is of course still a daft thing to say - the election was decided by voters, the news networks are just reporting on their decision.
 
Last edited:

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,140
Location
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
23289
I am sure magats (once they realize this is not a hoax) will think this is how people react any time we get a new presidrnt. Um, no, how often do you see big celebrations all over the country because of an election?
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: RodeejahUrquan

Monica Dream

But spirit is something that no one destroys
Joined
Dec 21, 2019
Messages
1,326
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
7008
I am sure magats (once they realize this is not a hoax) will think this is how people react any time we get a new presidrnt. Um, no, how often do you see big celebrations all over the country because of an election?
When Trump was elected, people took to the streets.

Sadly, I feel confident in expecting people to take to the streets again -this time with guns, and heads full of OANN.

Between that, and the prospect of what Putin's telling Donnie to do ...I expect the next several months to be terrifying
 

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
4,140
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
9410
When Trump was elected, people took to the streets.

Sadly, I feel confident in expecting people to take to the streets again -this time with guns, and heads full of OANN.

Between that, and the prospect of what Putin's telling Donnie to do ...I expect the next several months to be terrifying
Still, I won't lie, I already feel better than I have in years.
 

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
15,369
Location
Cat Country (Can't Stop Here)
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Calls for civility and compassion in this trying moment remind me of:



Fuckyourfeeli-actuallynodon'tIneedtogogetreinforcementstostandachanceherethenIwillkillyou

And the third act there is yet to be determined.
 

Monica Dream

But spirit is something that no one destroys
Joined
Dec 21, 2019
Messages
1,326
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
7008
Calls for civility and compassion in this trying moment remind me of:

Honestly, that was how I felt listening to both of them bang on about working with the republicans and all that BS.
 

Monica Dream

But spirit is something that no one destroys
Joined
Dec 21, 2019
Messages
1,326
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
7008
Still, I won't lie, I already feel better than I have in years.
I do too, but I also feel less like things will get better and more like it will be a breather -a respite. :|

Still, it's nice to be able to feel like I can make short-term ( less than 4 year) plans again!
 
  • 1Hug
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin
Status
Not open for further replies.