Brexit.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Brexit -- the gift that keeps on giving.
I think the statement is simply to remind people they've not gone away, and nothing more at this stage, but it's not good.

The leaders of the loyalist paramilitaries have always seemed to me a good deal more impressive than their politicians, since they're the ones taking the literal life and death decisions, and they and their comrades-in-arms and their families really do have skin in the game. The Republicans are different -- when Sinn Fein say something, then you can generally take it that it's been discussed and has PIRA's backing -- but the loyalist paramilitary leaders are a good deal less clownish than most of their politicians. Just as nasty in many ways, but a lot more serious.

Dain Shan

Well, in this single case, i think thats a good thing. The last few articles i read about that program indicate that is not as good as it seems to be.

Well anyway .. its still a valid example on what difficulties are in place right now.
I had a talk with a colleague today, who told me that its not possible for him to buy simple PAINT right now.
He wanted to renovate a room in his House ... and he cant get paint!

I was baffled.. i never would expect that simple paint could be run out in stores.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
  • 1Facepalm
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
“They didn’t understand the repercussions of being Brexiteers.”
I can understand their concern, since they must realise, even though they don't like to think about it, that everyone but them wants a united Ireland, whether on principle or simply to be rid of NI, and sooner rather than later, so for different reasons it suits both Dublin and London for this situation to carry on, since it must make union with the South an increasingly attractive proposition.

Since the Unionists are paranoid anyway, and know their days are numbered because of simple demographics (and because the DUP is despised by everyone else, British and Irish alike) they must be feeling pretty nervous, which I really hope doesn't go any further than the Unionist paramilitaries making vaguely threatening noises to remind people they're still around.

I've been reading Sasha Swire's marvelously indiscreet and bitchy memoir of being a Tory politician's wife, and I rather liked her description of what it was like when her husband, Hugo, was David Cameron's Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, and responsible for the Peace Process -- like having to carry around a large and valuable Ming vase all the time.

I just pray no one drops it.

• 2Like
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Sid, Govi and Chin Rey

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Fuck the UK.

Love, Canada

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
In 1826 the last beaver was shot in NL.
in 1988 they reintroduced the species in the wild again.
We are now close to 4000 of them out there again.
Some provinces will have to start to regulate them within a couple of years I guess.
We don't have those vast chuncks of wilderness like Canada, where they can do their business almost everywhere as they please.

• 1Thanks

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Clearly, the solution is to move half hte populations of the UK and the NL to Australia. Foolproof plan.

• 2LOL
Reactions: Casey Pelous and Sid

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
  • 1Thanks