According to a law that has now been shown to be a complete disaster. Time to repeal it.
Boris Johnson and Dominic Cummings would certainly agree with you.
I agree about the Fixed Term Parliament Act in the sense it's never worked as intended -- neither of the two parliaments elected since it was passed have lasted the full 5 years -- but the circumstances have been very unusual, both in the sense that both of these parliaments have been dominated by Brexit, which completely crosses the normal party divisions and in the sense that both Theresa May and now Boris Johnson have behaved as if they had comfortable majorities rather than trying to run minority governments.
There's been nothing like this in British national politics since the 1970s, and Harold Wilson and Jim Callaghan, for all their faults, were very astute party managers and political operators.
So what seemed at the time a relatively anodyne act that simply removed the government's ability to manipulate the electoral cycle to its advantage has now been tested under circumstances that no one who drafted it can have imagined would ever come about (I can't believe I live in the same country I did just four years ago).
Certainly it needs revising, to give clarity to what should happen in previously unimaginable circumstances like a PM losing a confidence vote but then squatting in Downing Street rather than giving someone else the opportunity to form a new government, but I'm not sure it's yet time to scrap it.