Black Dragon Viewer

NiranV Dean

Dividing By Zero
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Jan 2011
SLU Posts
Standing, really?

You are always sidestepping, don't stay on topic and are ignorant about facts.

I've wasted enough life time discussing this with you, I've made my point clear and that's it. Think about this whatever suits you, I don't care. Bye.
You are forgetting the backstab. Why would anyone want to sidestep if he's not going for the back immediately after.

• 1lolwut?
Reactions: Han Held

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Linux basically requires you to be a rocket scientist to start an application
You don't need to be a Rocket Scientist to start an application in Linux, in fact, it's not that different from starting one in Windows.

What surprises me is that most of the coders I know take pride in their coding skills AND knowing and using Linux even if it isn't their primary OS.

NiranV Dean

Dividing By Zero
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Jan 2011
SLU Posts
You don't need to be a Rocket Scientist to start an application in Linux, in fact, it's not that different from starting one in Windows.

What surprises me is that most of the coders I know take pride in their coding skills AND knowing and using Linux even if it isn't their primary OS.
You know its more of a running gag to say that Linux is highly complex? It's like building a high end PC and asking whether it can run Crysis.

Also, i'm neither a coder nor am i a Linux user, i harshly failed at the installation process on 3 different Linux distros.

NiranV Dean

Dividing By Zero
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Jan 2011
SLU Posts
For anyone willing to test Update 3.7.0

It contains lots of quality of life, improvements and other stuff you might find interesting, i need some feedback on these changes. Changes can be seen in login screen.

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
For anyone willing to test Update 3.7.0

It contains lots of quality of life, improvements and other stuff you might find interesting, i need some feedback on these changes. Changes can be seen in login screen.
Okay gonna take a whack at it for ya. knowing I hate chui, but I'll help.

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
Mel say's Hi.

we are testing (and we as in me and my soxes)

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
Okay so to report back, I'm not seeing anything jumping out at me, but um, can we get some way to disable the youtube videos on install? I've got things set to have youtube sandboxed and this is getting around that.

NiranV Dean

Dividing By Zero
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Jan 2011
SLU Posts
Okay so to report back, I'm not seeing anything jumping out at me, but um, can we get some way to disable the youtube videos on install? I've got things set to have youtube sandboxed and this is getting around that.
We could... i doubt i'm ever going to add an option to do so though.
Can't you sandbox the dullahan_host.exe and SLPlugin.exe (which runs the internal webbrowser and thus the youtube video on login)?

Another way would be editing the web browser out of the login screen XUI file which can be done with any not-completely-notepad-shit-level text editing program.

I cannot guarantee that the Viewer will continue to work nor that it will keep its graphics features or its coolness and simply turn into the LL Viewer upon removing that login screen intro. #TheEntireViewerPoweredByIntroVideos

It might just explode, burn down the SL cornfields, poison children and destroy life as we know it... it might just not do anything at all. I never removed it, as far as i can think back the Viewer always had this already in Nirans Viewer before Black Dragon was even created.

Last edited:

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
Viewer over all is Great Niran, it actually kept the fps up with shadows on, which I've not had yet with any viewer, but I run certain sites sandboxed, youtube is one, but I'm going to tinker with that and see if I can make things work the way I need to have it personally.

NiranV Dean

Dividing By Zero
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Jan 2011
SLU Posts
Viewer over all is Great Niran, it actually kept the fps up with shadows on, which I've not had yet with any viewer, but I run certain sites sandboxed, youtube is one, but I'm going to tinker with that and see if I can make things work the way I need to have it personally.
That's good to hear!

NiranV Dean

Dividing By Zero
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Jan 2011
SLU Posts
Second test build is up with a lot of additional improvements and additions, all new changes are highlighted in green on login

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi

NiranV Dean

Dividing By Zero
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Jan 2011
SLU Posts

Hopefully last test build

• 1Like
Reactions: Govi

Natsuki Morigi

I found the graphic quick preset drop down menu items I made from 3.6.9 were not working .
Before I delete them and do a clean install - is that a known issue with this build?
Thanks - I am enjoying the new version.

NiranV Dean

Dividing By Zero
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Jan 2011
SLU Posts
I found the graphic quick preset drop down menu items I made from 3.6.9 were not working .
Before I delete them and do a clean install - is that a known issue with this build?
Thanks - I am enjoying the new version.
They should be working, presets were overhauled a few versions back. 3.7.0 didn't touch the preset system.

Also what do you mean with "not working" are they not in the list anymore or simply don't do anything when loading them? If so do they have special characters or spaces in them? Can you send me said presets so i can have a look at them?

• 1Like
Reactions: Natsuki Morigi

Natsuki Morigi

They should be working, presets were overhauled a few versions back. 3.7.0 didn't touch the preset system.

Also what do you mean with "not working" are they not in the list anymore or simply don't do anything when loading them? If so do they have special characters or spaces in them? Can you send me said presets so i can have a look at them?
thank you Niran.. they appear in the drop down list, but when I click on one of them the settings do not change to the new settings. I dont think there are special characters in the names - I will try and send you the presets thank you

NiranV Dean

Dividing By Zero
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Jan 2011
SLU Posts
thank you Niran.. they appear in the drop down list, but when I click on one of them the settings do not change to the new settings. I dont think there are special characters in the names - I will try and send you the presets thank you
Your presets were old presets from before the Preset System overhaul in 3.6.1 (you were at least 9 versions behind), the new system cannot load old presets as they are structured entirely different and much more efficient now. I've taken the liberty to convert your presets to new ones. (By logging in with the old version, loading the preset, logging out, logging in with the new version, saving the preset, logging out again, rinse and repeat for all your presets). I've sent you your presets via PM.

Natsuki Morigi

Your presets were old presets from before the Preset System overhaul in 3.6.1 (you were at least 9 versions behind), the new system cannot load old presets as they are structured entirely different and much more efficient now. I've taken the liberty to convert your presets to new ones. (By logging in with the old version, loading the preset, logging out, logging in with the new version, saving the preset, logging out again, rinse and repeat for all your presets). I've sent you your presets via PM.
Thak you Very much Niran :D