Birds are crazy

Maggy Hazelnut

Cat Herder
Joined SLU
March 2009
SLU Posts
That bird story reminds me of the time many years ago when I rescued a baby robin. A gardener friend of mine found him on the ground & couldn't find a nest that he might've fallen from. The poor lil thing was completely bald, not a feather on him, and his eyes closed. I took him in & got earthworms from my horse manure pile at my place. I would cut them up for him & feed him every couple hours. He always was close to me as he grew & feathered out. I named him Larry Bird & yes, he knew his name! He liked to sit on my shoulder or on my lap when I read or watched tv. I taught him to get bugs & berries like strawberries from my garden. I did the best I could & taught him how to fly. As he got older stronger he'd spend more time in my garden & less time on my shoulder or by my side. Gradually his away time extended to overnight & then to a day or two away. Then the time came where he didn't come back & all I could do was hope that he went away safely with other robins. I still think of Larry Bird often.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Fish: Osprey OP, plz nerf!

• 1LOL
Reactions: Isabeau

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I will try to get pictures to share. I have a pair of red tail hawks nesting in the tree about 100' from my office window. We've been watching them building a nest for the last couple of weeks.