Yay! Biden/Harris WIN

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez
Replying with "Oh hey, how's Communism treating you so far?" to friends from los Yunaites isn't going to get old* anytime soon.

*for me

SL Rez
SLU Posts
So what, Biden has a 7000 dollar watch.
I don't think a poor person will become president of the US anytime soon.
The watch by itself is no big deal. The fact he's given no indication he plans to do anything about wealth inequality is a problem though.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The watch by itself is no big deal. The fact he's given no indication he plans to do anything about wealth inequality is a problem though.
To whom is it a problem that, by the end of the second day of his presidency, "he's given no indication he plans to do anything about wealth inequality, " and why?

I mean, it may well be the most important issue for him to tackle during the course of his presidency, but at the moment, with Covid, the vaccination programme, starting to undo the damage Trump has done, trying to get his administration up and running despite Trump's efforts to sabotage the handover, deal with white supremacist and fascist insurrectionists who invaded the Capitol recently and the threat of domestic right-wing terrorism generally, getting his cabinet confirmed and seeing through the Impeachment proceedings, I'm not at all sure it's the urgent of his problems

SL Rez
SLU Posts
To whom is it a problem that, by the end of the second day of his presidency, "he's given no indication he plans to do anything about wealth inequality, " and why?

I mean, it may well be the most important issue for him to tackle during the course of his presidency, but at the moment, with Covid, the vaccination programme, starting to undo the damage Trump has done, trying to get his administration up and running despite Trump's efforts to sabotage the handover, deal with white supremacist and fascist insurrectionists who invaded the Capitol recently and the threat of domestic right-wing terrorism generally, getting his cabinet confirmed and seeing through the Impeachment proceedings, I'm not at all sure it's the urgent of his problems
That's true and I hope it's just something that's not at the top of his agenda. All his talk about unity, especially in the context of a bunch of rich bastards in Congress that will never bend and hate everything decent makes me worry though. In the meantime he is doing an excellent job.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
This is GOOD news. Desperate pundits are resuming normal bitchy sniping at petty details because there's nothing substantive to criticize.
They could be discussing noncritical news...

(I know, sooo naive...)

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
SL Rez
The fact he's given no indication he plans to do anything about wealth inequality is a problem though.
He didn't promise to drain the swamp, did he? Trump did and people bought it, completely ignoring the fact that you don't usually give that job to a frog.

I have a strong feeling that with Biden it's back to business as usual. That's good news for USA but not great and don't expect that much more. There isn't that much a president could have done about this anyway. Wealth inequality is deeply rooted in US society and there are strong forces trying to keep it that way. Any significant changes are bound to take decades.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna and Sid

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Read his fucking policies. He put detaled information on his campaign site.

Improving access to healthcare. Reducing taxes on middle income brackets while increasing taxes on higher incomes and corporations. Student loan forgiveness. Improving higher education and trade schools. Fifteen fucking dollars minimum wage. Temporary increases in unemployment and food aide. Supporting unionization. An infrastructure plan that will actually create construction jobs.

He has started with what can be done by executive order. Legislation will start once the Senate finishes setting rules and the impeachment trial is scheduled. He has published plans to improve life for low income workers and tax those who can afford it. He gave a fucking indication. And he is acting on it.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Maybe the Rolex was a gift. From Hunter.

Sid

Searching for words
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
The Biden's are multi millionaires. so he has above average cars, an above average watch, some nice real estate.
He needs no excuse to wear his watch.
That a shoe polisher or paperboy can become president is only an American dream. Not the everyday reality.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
The Biden's are multi millionaires. so he has above average cars, an above average watch, some nice real estate.
He needs no excuse to wear his watch.
That a shoe polisher or paperboy can become president is only an American dream. Not the everyday reality.
Though, iirc, Biden did not start off rich, but working class.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Though, iirc, Biden did not start off rich, but working class.
That is correct. What he is, is a beneficiary of a time in this country when you didn't have to go completely broke or end up in lifetime debt to attend university.