Search results

  1. Katheryne Helendale

    Ric Ocasek Dead at 75

    Sad news for the classic rock community as Ric Ocasek, lead singer of The Cars, has passed. https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Ric-Ocasek-Cars-Singer-Dead-in-NY-at-75-560430391.html The Cars was one of my favorite groups growing up, and still are to this day. Their last album, Move Like...
  2. Katheryne Helendale

    Women's Equality Day

    I wasn't sure exactly where to put this, as I didn't feel it belonged in a "Who Cares" thread, because this is important. Today is Women's Equality Day in the US, though you won't hear much of it in the media. Today is the 99th Anniversary of the certification and signing of the 19th Amendment...
  3. Katheryne Helendale

    Katy Perry Found Guilty of Copyright Infringement

    This was trending on Twitter today: https://apnews.com/7eef738596e9458eacb9f9015d7fd7fe I have to admit: I was familiar with Perry's song, but when I heard of the infringement case, I was like, "she copied who???" Apparently, the Christian rap song "Joyful Noise" Perry supposedly copied had...
  4. Katheryne Helendale

    The Commodore 64 is Making a Comeback

    ...for the most part: https://gizmodo.com/a-commodore-64-clone-with-a-working-retro-keyboard-will-1835836875
  5. Katheryne Helendale

    network "Jeopardy James" Loses after 32 Consecutive Games

    I wasn't quite sure where to put this, but chose here since it involves a television game show. For those of you who watch Jeopardy at least semi-routinely, you may have noticed the champion, James Holtzhauer, has had quite a run on the game show, winning 32 consecutive games amassing nearly 2.5...
  6. Katheryne Helendale

    Embedded URL Test

    Link pasted with BBCode toggled on: Texas Republican says vaccines are "sorcery," claims "parental rights" are more important Link pasted with BBCode toggled off: https://www.newsweek.com/anti-vaxx-texas-republicans-sorcery-jonathan-stickland-parental-rights-1418960
  7. Katheryne Helendale

    network Station 19

    Does anyone else here watch Station 19 (or its sister show Grey's Anatomy)? I just got done watching last Thursday's airing, and I'm bawling my eyes out right now! I'm not the only one, am I?
  8. Katheryne Helendale

    Unforgivable Crimes Against Food

    There are some crimes that are just simply unforgivable: These 16 Crimes Against Food Shall Not Be Forgiven | Buzzfeed Darnk will especially love #7!
  9. Katheryne Helendale

    Jeopardy's Alex Trebek Diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer

    'Jeopardy' host Alex Trebek reveals stage 4 pancreatic cancer diagnosis He is 78 years old and still actively hosting the ABC game show.
  10. Katheryne Helendale

    Embed Facebook videos test

  11. Katheryne Helendale

    WTF US Will Withdraw from Nuclear Arms Treaty with Russia

    U.S. Announces It Will Withdraw From Nuclear Arms Control Treaty With Russia I swear, one way or another, Trump is going to get us all killed!
  12. Katheryne Helendale

    California City Imposes 25-Cent Tax on Disposable Cups at Restaurants

    Berkeley Passes 25-Cent Tax on Disposable Cups The idea of trying to reduce what ends up in our landfills is laudable. But I have serious reservations about Berkeley's approach, which is basically a punitive "tax" that the restaurants are allowed to pocket, and the "solution" has serious...
  13. Katheryne Helendale

    Super Bowl LIII

    It looks like its going to be the Los Angeles Rams and the New England Patriots. Neither of them are my team, but I'm going to be cheering on the Rams because they're a California team. But, mostly, I'll probably be watching for the commercials. So, any predictions?
  14. Katheryne Helendale

    Monarch Butterflies are Quickly Disappearing

    The monarch butterfly population in California has plummeted 86% in one year | CNN
  15. Katheryne Helendale

    Daryl Dragon of Captain and Tennille Has Died

    Daryl Dragon, the Captain in Captain and Tennille, has died at the age of 76. Captain and Tennille's Daryl Dragon Dead at 76
  16. Katheryne Helendale

    network Fox's The Orville is Back

    The last episode of its first season aired over a year ago, but Season 2 of The Orville is finally here! Airing on Fox tonight at 8pm (a 5pm early showing is in progress on the West Coast).
  17. Katheryne Helendale

    Laverne & Shirley star has died at 75

    Penny Marshall, who played feisty Laverne in 'Laverne & Shirley' before directing movies, dies at 75 I remember I used to watch this show a lot growing up.
  18. Katheryne Helendale

    WTF Federal Judge Strikes Down Affordable Care Act as Unconstitutional

    A federal judge in Texas (of course it would be Texas) struck down the ACA: Texas Judge Strikes Down Obama’s Affordable Care Act as Unconstitutional | NYTimes Of course, various states, especially California, is livid about this ruling, and are planning to appeal it to SCOTUS. They are still...
  19. Katheryne Helendale

    Linux Source Code Gets a Language Cleanup

    Linux patch replaces f-words with 'hugs' in kernel comments, but some cry censorship | ZDNet
  20. Katheryne Helendale

    'SpongeBob SquarePants' Creator Stephen Hillenburg Dies at 57

    'SpongeBob SquarePants' Creator Stephen Hillenburg Dies at 57 Way too young.