Important Let's do the BIG MOVE (Again? No...)

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,686
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
We're performing the BIG MOVE tomorrow, Saturday October 2nd 3rd.

We'll start at 6pm UTC (11am SLT/PDT, 2pm EDT).

The plan is for this to take about one hour*. During that time VirtualVerse will be turned off, which means the site will be up but the forums will be unavailable. There will be a note on the site stating that, which we'll update as needed.

* We're allowing UP TO six hours in our schedules, so that if fate unexpectedly defecates on vv.one's new sleeping quarters, Bart has time to try and clean it up. After the six hour deadline we'll repoint everything back at hosting.com, give Bart a night to sleep, and we all will discuss what to do next.
 
Last edited:

Lori Claremont

Active member
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
113
Location
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
We're performing the BIG MOVE tomorrow, Saturday October 2nd 3rd.

We'll start at 6pm UTC (11am SLT/PDT, 2pm EDT).

The plan is for this to take about one hour*. During that time VirtualVerse will be turned off, which means the site will be up but the forums will be unavailable. There will be a note on the site stating that, which we'll update as needed.

* We're allowing UP TO six hours in our schedules, so that if fate unexpectedly defecates on vv.one's new sleeping quarters, Bart has time to try and clean it up. After the six hour deadline we'll repoint everything back at hosting.com, give Bart a night to sleep, and we all will discuss what to do next.
 

Khamon

Folk Harpist
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
3,173
Location
Alabama
SL Rez
2003
Joined SLU
2007
Fate has no intention of soiling anything. Good Luck Y’all! We’ll be rooting for you.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

mixvio

Sullen Homosexual
Admin
Joined
Sep 2, 2026
Messages
72
Location
Melbourne/Naarm, Australia
SL Rez
2002
Joined SLU
2006
SLU Posts
10000000
Also no, I never sleep. That's why I know everything. 👀
 
  • 1Doge
Reactions: Free

GoblinCampFollower

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
5,877
SL Rez
2007
Joshua is spiritually supporting this project and very much sending well-wishes but it is otherwise Not His Problem™.
Fair enough! I'm not a web dev by any means. I am a programmer with a masters in CS but admit freely that I never took any of the web or network classes. It's just not my cup of tea! So I trust the web people here to figure it out and can donate lindens or whatever if needed!
 

mixvio

Sullen Homosexual
Admin
Joined
Sep 2, 2026
Messages
72
Location
Melbourne/Naarm, Australia
SL Rez
2002
Joined SLU
2006
SLU Posts
10000000
Fair enough! I'm not a web dev by any means. I am a programmer with a masters in CS but admit freely that I never took any of the web or network classes. It's just not my cup of tea! So I trust the web people here to figure it out and can donate lindens or whatever if needed!
This would certainly be in my wheelhouse if the house was in my yard and my problem to figure out how to resolve who put that house there and why is it on fucking wheels — but Free/Noodles/Bart are extremely well-equipped and know what they're doing and as they're the ones doing it they don't need much from me so I'm mostly just lurking in the chat and occasionally making incredibly hilarious remarks.

It's in very good hands and I personally feel relieved for Cris' sake.
 

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,457
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
Last.
 
  • 1Boop
Reactions: Khamon