Netanyahu: Israel Is Only A Homeland For Jewish People

Ellie

Heretical Raccoon Skunk with a Rainbow Pootbeam
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2010
SLU Posts
More detail.
PM to star who rapped anti-Arab rhetoric: Israel ‘not state of all its citizens’
Netanyahu shot back on his own Instagram account: “Dear Rotem, an important correction: Israel is not a state of all its citizens. According to the nation-state law we passed, Israel is the nation-state of the Jewish people — and not anyone else.
According to this article, NYahoo's scumbag politicos are scaring Israeli voters with threats the opposition will include Arab Israeli politicians in the government. Sound familiar?

We will see if this interest in the lengthy and tragic abuse of yet another minority in this country gets any real action or is just a political ploy ahead of the elections. Not holding my breath, in tears typing this.

The recently passed nation-state law he refers to removes a huge chunk of minority rights.

Israeli parliament endorses final version of ‘Jewish nation-state bill’

It effectively blocks any chance for Israel’s large Palestinian minority – one in five of the population – to reform Israel in the future into a normal, Western-style democracy...But equally significantly, and largely unnoticed, the Basic Law paves the way for Israel’s right-wing government to consolidate and expand the annexation of Palestinian lands under occupation in East Jerusalem and the West Bank – and stymie any legal moves intended to prevent such efforts.
Rump wishes he could pull this kind of crap in the U.S.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
It's not like that people haven't fought in the IDF before, risking their lives- so this is a real dick move by Netanyahu.

And Israel is more diverse than some would think: for example in 2007 there was a violent Neonazi group in Tel Aviv, which consisted of ex USSR citzens captured and judged. Since Israel had no laws against Neonazism back then, it triggered a discussion about immigration and that lack of law as well.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Here is why I don't get why so much of the US government supports these people; Israel also has a christian populace too. Its not just Muslims and Jews, but others as well, including Christians.

Making up 17.6% of the population, Muslims constitute Israel's largest religious minority. About 2% of the population is Christian and 1.6% is Druze.[12] The Christian population primarily comprises Arab Christians, but also includes post-Soviet immigrants, the foreign laborers of multinational origins, and followers of Messianic Judaism, considered by most Christians and Jews to be a form of Christianity.[339] Members of many other religious groups, including Buddhists and Hindus, maintain a presence in Israel, albeit in small numbers.[340] Out of more than one million immigrants from the former Soviet Union, about 300,000 are considered not Jewish by the Chief Rabbinate of Israel.
When my mom went a few years ago, she said something that indicated that this behavior is in fact extended to these other faiths as well. Its very reminiscent of the 30s-40s. And its not even a terribly new bahavior for the Israeli government. A friend of mine 20 years ago, iirc, said he'd stopped working on converting to Judaism because of the increase in fascist behaviors. He was [and presumably is] a huge WWI and WWII buff.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Here is why I don't get why so much of the US government supports these people; Israel also has a christian populace too. Its not just Muslims and Jews, but others as well, including Christians.
Just look at a map of the Middle East, and its geostrategic reasons quite obvious why:

Let me break it down for you:

1. It's the only true Western style democracy in the area; featuring Western styled values as well. Meaning it's a much less troublesaome, easier and trustworthy ally to America than Saudi Arabia.
2. Therre's a long living history between Israel and America, which started with Operation Diamond. America was desparate in the 60s to get a hold on the superior MIG21, and didn't succeed, Israel succeeded and lent the aircraft to America, where it was analyzed and fighters trained on and against it.
3. America and Israel have quite much in common: both think about themselves as "God's own counry", so do claim an exceptional role for themselves, both are secularistic enlightenment projects, both tolerate inner critics but react harshly at external critics, wielding the Anti American/Anti Semitism club, and both are settlement projects as well, following the fiction of empty room. Both are in danger to get unter the tires of their own militarism. This explains that cooperation on the deeper level.
4. When you are playing the world like a chess board, like Ameirca does, Israel is your most important ally there in this region. If you do loose it, then you are loosing much of your influence and power in this region. And this region was/is important for America, because of the oil reserves.
5. 66% of the global crude oil reserves are located in that region. Loosing access to cheap gasoline would mean increasing gas prices, and for sure the Americans just would love that!
6. Cooperations amongst different countries are not built on the principle of sympathy, but always and upmost common interests between those. Leaders come and go, the common interests are what makes the world go round.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts

When my mom went a few years ago, she said something that indicated that this behavior is in fact extended to these other faiths as well. Its very reminiscent of the 30s-40s. And its not even a terribly new bahavior for the Israeli government. A friend of mine 20 years ago, iirc, said he'd stopped working on converting to Judaism because of the increase in fascist behaviors. He was [and presumably is] a huge WWI and WWII buff.

Yes, it’s been going on a long time.

My feeling is that Neo-Confederate Evangelicals are White before they are Christian. They can ignore the truly ancient Christians of Palestine, Syria and Lebanon in part because they don’t consider them White. They often also don’t consider Catholics and Orthodox to be real Christians.

It’s a very narrow, fascistic viewpoint that would do the same thing in the US if the Dominionists get the upper hand. The Neo-Confederates would get to decide who is a Christian and everyone else would be a second class citizen, not considered “American.” This is what “American” means now to Neo-Confederates. It’s a coded word.

Somehow Russians are still Christian, that’s very convenient but Mob fascism doesn’t have to be consistent.

The 25% of Hispanic voters who support Trump are often Evangelicals. The folks I’ve met in Phoenix who fit this description are immensely intolerant of the nonreligious. When Evangelicals act like they’re a racial big tent, I’m always suspicious. They still can harbor some very bizarre ideas about race.

Accurate teaching of history is the most likely thing there is to push people in a liberal direction, and ignorance of it keeps people from checking crazy invented religion.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Just look at a map of the Middle East, and its geostrategic reasons quite obvious why:

Let me break it down for you:
I do know all this, as an American, though I don't think that's as accurate what Brenda posted, as to why evangelicals put up with it...

My feeling is that Neo-Confederate Evangelicals are White before they are Christian. They can ignore the truly ancient Christians of Palestine, Syria and Lebanon in part because they don’t consider them White. They often also don’t consider Catholics and Orthodox to be real Christians.

Accurate teaching of history is the most likely thing there is to push people in a liberal direction, and ignorance of it keeps people from checking crazy invented religion.
Yeah, pretty much, though I also think its because the evangelicals want to bring about the end times.

But why are the [neo]liberals putting up with this shit? Unless it goes back around to what Bartholomew said.

Either way, its utter BS.

Ellie

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2010
SLU Posts
Just responding to this.
1. It's the only true Western style democracy in the area; featuring Western styled values as well.

America Is Not a Democracy
The United States was founded as a republic, not a democracy. As Alexander Hamilton and James Madison made clear in the Federalist Papers, the essence of this republic would consist—their emphasis—“IN THE TOTAL EXCLUSION OF THE PEOPLE, IN THEIR COLLECTIVE CAPACITY, from any share” in the government. Instead, popular views would be translated into public policy through the election of representatives “whose wisdom may,” in Madison’s words, “best discern the true interest of their country.” That this radically curtailed the degree to which the people could directly influence the government was no accident.
(A long and very educational read, but one I found well worth the effort.)

Takeaway: You're fucked unless the political system changes radically.

Why Israel is an apartheid state
Although it is generally understood that they suffer discrimination, the assumption even of many scholars is that their treatment in no way undermines Israel’s status as a western-style liberal democracy. Most minorities in the west...face widespread prejudice and discrimination. Israel’s treatment of its Palestinian minority, it is claimed, is no different. This is to profoundly misunderstand the kind of state Israel is, and how it relates to all Palestinians, whether they are under occupation or Israeli citizens. The discrimination faced by Palestinians in Israel is not illegal, informal, unofficial, or improvised. It is systematic, institutional, structural and extensively codified, satisfying very precisely the definition of apartheid in international law and echoing the key features of South African apartheid.
Takeaway: They're fucked.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU

It’s a very narrow, fascistic viewpoint that would do the same thing in the US if the Dominionists get the upper hand. The Neo-Confederates would get to decide who is a Christian and everyone else would be a second class citizen, not considered “American.” This is what “American” means now to Neo-Confederates. It’s a coded word.

Somehow Russians are still Christian, that’s very convenient but Mob fascism doesn’t have to be consistent.

The 25% of Hispanic voters who support Trump are often Evangelicals. The folks I’ve met in Phoenix who fit this description are immensely intolerant of the nonreligious. When Evangelicals act like they’re a racial big tent, I’m always suspicious. They still can harbor some very bizarre ideas about race.

Agreed, I keep marveling at the terrible consequences of being completely ignorant of History. Learning history is not just a fascinating hobby but an inoculation against all kinds of evil. And the level of ignorance is truly appalling.

For many years Evangelical Christians have seemed off putting to me, with their Prosperity Theology (God will make you rich.) But now that they have ripped off their masks and I see the naked contempt, hypocrisy, and corruption beneath, I am horrified.

Ellie

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2010
SLU Posts
A lot of issues could be solved if we just annexed Palm Beach County, Florida and let it become the Jewish state.
But where could you send the rabid right wing so-called Christians?

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Broward County, Florida.
too close to miami.... they stand a better chance further north...Port. St luice is actually quite nice..
or maybe around the Lake Placid area...