Singularity Viewer

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Singularity Viewer is an exciting client for Second Life and OpenSim, which strives to combine the beloved look and feel of Viewer 1.23 with the latest and greatest of available technology, and to stay compatible with future Second Life changes and features.

Singularity is an open-source project powered entirely by volunteer force and willpower!

Major Releases have been reduced. Please use Alpha Builds for latest development of the viewer.

Downloads: Singularity Viewer Automated Build System

Liru

Singularity Viewer Developer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I dunno, 2011?
Since there's no archive(yet?) of anything people might've put here in the past, I figured I'd just drop this here: Singularity Viewer JIRA
And, let you know that if you do post here, I am now watching~<3

• 2Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer and lord

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Will SLVoice/Vivox be updated ?

Liru

SL Rez
Joined SLU
I dunno, 2011?
It actually has been in a branch, but give me a second, it's nearly just a drop in replacement. I'll have that ready in my master branch in a day or so.

• 2Like

Liru

SL Rez
Joined SLU
I dunno, 2011?
Aaactually that branch is more massively reworked than I thought. Guess I need to finish work there first to update voice.

• 2Like
SL Rez
Joined SLU
The most current test build, as per March 25, is Build 7477. Available here: Singularity Test Builds

But:
The Builds made Available here are TEST builds, please be aware that there might be bugs that will be fixed and that these builds might not work as expected!

• 1Agree
Reactions: Liru

Mondy Bristol

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
How stable are the test builds compared to the alpha builds, which from what I see haven't had anything added in over a year.
I know the last alpha build I installed has Bento and worked pretty well for me but I see the Test builds have animesh.
But is there a build that runs well enough for day to day usage, as well as the last alpha build (which generally ran better than the official release) so that I could run it as a main viewer?

Mondy Bristol

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Since there's no archive(yet?) of anything people might've put here in the past, I figured I'd just drop this here: Singularity Viewer JIRA
And, let you know that if you do post here, I am now watching~<3
Could we have some information about what's changed or fixed in the test builds then, like used to be provided in the alpha build channel?
It's nice someone is posting alink to a new test build here but it doesn't tell us anything about any bug fixes or features and the download link has no information whatsoever. The alpha channel site always had the breakdown of changes.

Edit: From installing and testing 7509 - The vivox agreemont that pops up when trying to activate voice doesn't allow the box to be checked to accept the agreement, so voice can't be enabled. I'll have to see if I can file a jira on that.

Last edited:

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Could we have some information about what's changed or fixed in the test builds then, like used to be provided in the alpha build channel?
It's nice someone is posting alink to a new test build here but it doesn't tell us anything about any bug fixes or features and the download link has no information whatsoever. The alpha channel site always had the breakdown of changes.

Edit: From installing and testing 7509 - The vivox agreemont that pops up when trying to activate voice doesn't allow the box to be checked to accept the agreement, so voice can't be enabled. I'll have to see if I can file a jira on that.
I was able to accept the vivox agreement by scrolling to the bottom of the agreement and then the Accept button lit up to be able to be selected. I don't know for sure what has been done in any of the test build versions but it may have had something to do with getting the latest SLVoice to work right since I asked for it and it was said that it was a more massive undertaking than originally thought due to all of the latest changes to it that LL had made. Perhaps we will see a marked improvement in voice performance in the coming weeks as we test it out ?

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Mondy Bristol

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I was able to accept the vivox agreement by scrolling to the bottom of the agreement and then the Accept button lit up to be able to be selected. I don't know for sure what has been done in any of the test build versions but it may have had something to do with getting the latest SLVoice to work right since I asked for it and it was said that it was a more massive undertaking than originally thought due to all of the latest changes to it that LL had made. Perhaps we will see a marked improvement in voice performance in the coming weeks as we test it out ?
Yeah, I tried scrolling to the bottom of the agreement, even reinstalling and asking in the support group inworld, it just doesn't uncheck for me.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Liru

SL Rez
Joined SLU
I dunno, 2011?

To give some background, that website used to be just a basic file list, then we made it look nicer and nicer until it looks as it does now. We were working on adding the changelog to it but other things like making the Mac builds more usable took over that developer's time and now they're in the hospital (hence less builds for windows, that bit isn't automated yet, needs a kick).

Fixing that darn vivox agreement has been back burnered too long, I'll look into it again today.

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Newest (Nightly) Windows Test Build: 7545
Newest (Nightly) Mac Test Build: 7763
Singularity Nightly Builds

P.S. For some reason, when I checked today, 4/22/2019, these builds were no longer available, and the previously posted builds were now the latest builds.

Last edited: