- Joined
- Sep 20, 2018
- Messages
- 24,428
- SLU Posts
- 18459
Not in the tweet is the bank official was a Ukrainian national, who had worked for Gazprom since the USSR days, but still has relatives in Ukraine.
One of Germany's biggest energy firms has said it is preparing to buy Russian gas using a payment system that critics say will undermine EU sanctions.
Uniper says it will pay in euros which will be converted into roubles, meeting a Kremlin demand for all transactions to be made in the Russian currency.
Other European energy firms are reportedly preparing to do the same amid concerns about supply cuts.
The AOC explanation FWIW
Hey! It worked with the Japanese-Americ ...The AOC explanation FWIW
Has she explained her apparent change of mind since writing this?The AOC explanation FWIW
In a sign of how desperate pro-Russia authorities are to bolster the ranks of fighters, in late March they announced that the upper age limit of the draft had been raised from 55 to 65 in Donetsk, local media reported. And on Saturday authorities announced a mobilisation in the region of Kherson, which was largely captured by Russia after the war began.
Agreed... Anyone able to weigh in on the exact language of the bill? I'm not sure if I agree with AOC on this one or not, but her rational isn't crazy.Hey! It worked with the Japanese-Americ ...
Oh, yeah
I don't mind the Oligarchs getting screwed, but the precedent scares the sh*t out of me.
Here is my theory - anything done sets precedents - so, if this got passed, it could possibly lead to a slippery slope. But, if gaetz or greene were to vote that the earth is round, I'd become a flat earther on principleAgreed... Anyone able to weigh in on the exact language of the bill? I'm not sure if I agree with AOC on this one or not, but her rational isn't crazy.
I'm not in agreement with her, but what apparent change?Has she explained her apparent change of mind since writing this?
Hundreds of Russian tanks are thought to have been destroyed since Moscow launched its offensive, with British Defense Secretary Ben Wallace on Monday estimating it had lost as many as 580.
But Moscow's problems go beyond the sheer number of tanks it has lost. Experts say battlefield images show Russian tanks are suffering from a defect that Western militaries have known about for decades and refer to as the "jack-in-the-box effect." Moscow, they say, should have seen the problem coming.
The problem relates to how the tanks' ammunition is stored. Unlike modern Western tanks, Russian ones carry multiple shells within their turrets. This makes them highly vulnerable as even an indirect hit can start a chain reaction that explodes their entire ammunition store of up to 40 shells.
The resulting shockwave can be enough to blast the tank's turret as high as a two-story building, as can be seen in a recent video on social media.
I guess. It's just that in the UK and EU everyone understood going after individual oligarchs' wealth to be very much part of "targeted sanctions" against Russia, since the only way you get to be a Russian oligarch with wealth to stash abroad is by being close to Putin, so it hadn't really occurred to me that anyone was seriously in favour of sanctions against Russia provided those didn't affect oligarchs.I'm not in agreement with her, but what apparent change?
She says she supports "targeted sanctions." I'm not sure how that translates to seizure of private property.