Yay! Biden/Harris WIN

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Though, iirc, Biden did not start off rich, but working class.
Yes, but he was a senator and Vice President for 44 years, and they get a fairly high salary, and he got a fairly good retirement plan. All he had to do is not spend it all and he would have accumulated a pretty decent amount. According to his financial disclosure form, he made about a million last year from speaking engagements, and his wife is a college professor. So it adds up.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
The Biden's are multi millionaires. so he has above average cars, an above average watch, some nice real estate.
He needs no excuse to wear his watch.
That a shoe polisher or paperboy can become president is only an American dream. Not the everyday reality.
An old American dream maybe. Shoe polishers and paperboys are extremely rare to non existent nowadays.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
I am pretty sure that this type of work is excluded in Melania's marriage contract. She certainly preferred having sex with him to get pregnant instead of this.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
the tweet isn't showing, but does it say that the watch used to belong to his son Beau?
I've seen this claim a lot in the last two days. As far as I know, it hasn't yet been proven in an authoritative way. But if it is - lol, NYT really stepped in it with that article.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I've seen this claim a lot in the last two days. As far as I know, it hasn't yet been proven in an authoritative way. But if it is - lol, NYT really stepped in it with that article.
Even if he'd BOUGHT it for himself, they did - the double standards when you complain at any little sign of wealth on the Dem side but then excuse any excess in the gop?

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
the tweet isn't showing, but does it say that the watch used to belong to his son Beau?
Replaced the tweet with one that might stick.

I've seen a couple "fact" sites report the watch being Beau's is at yet unproven. But you know , the NYT certainly didn't know about that possibility AT ALL when they published.

And yes WHAT THE FUCK IT'S JUST A WATCH.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Even if he'd BOUGHT it for himself, they did - the double standards when you complain at any little sign of wealth on the Dem side but then excuse any excess in the gop?
All purpose retorts:

Golden Fucking Toilet.

Merrick Fucking Garland.

My guys didn't kill a Capitol Hill cop with a flagpole, how about you?

SL Rez
SLU Posts
  • 1LOL
  • 1Eye Roll
Reactions: Free and Dakota Tebaldi

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Well it's just like the press climbing all over AOC's back because she bought a nice dress after she was elected. If you're left-leaning in the US but possess any kind of luxury item (or anything that can be spun as a luxury item) then you're just a "limousine liberal".

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Well it's just like the press climbing all over AOC's back because she bought a nice dress after she was elected. If you're left-leaning in the US but possess any kind of luxury item (or anything that can be spun as a luxury item) then you're just a "limousine liberal".
Yet, if she hadn't gotten nice clothes to come to work in, then they would have still given her shit. Its just a case of they can't find anything legit for a complaint, they use trivial shit.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I am amazed that Trump really had a butler. I would have expected that the service clerk of his choice would have looked something like this:
It's not a butler in the rich guy mansion sense. The White House has a basement cafeteria and kitchen for the staff, for state dinners, and for whatever the First Family wants to eat. So its more like a waiter bringing food to you table. Trump brought over a manager from his nearby hotel to oversee the overall household staff. That includes kitchen, cleaning, and maintenance. The job title is "chief usher". Biden fired him because he didn't want a Trump mole.

The White House is also a National Park, so Park Service staff handle tours when there isn't a pandemic. Then there is the security detail, who are secret service. Finally there are all the political advisors and such, who are overseen by the Chief of Staff. So life gets complicated in there.