Trump tests positive for coronavirus

Grandma Bates

Only mostly banned....
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
415
Location
Airport
Joined SLU
Yes
SLU Posts
-1000
If he starts bragging about him being strong and healthy enough to simply overcome the disease. he will likely loose each vote from persons who have lost someone to Covid-19.
And he will and there are an awful lot of people who have lost someone in their family or among their friends.
So his behavior will backfire in that case IMHO.
I wish this were true. I was just talking to someone yesterday whose view on this is that Pres. Trump is strong since he is doing so well after having contracted the disease. She went on to tell me how Biden looks so frail that he would probably have been dead by now. We know people who have died from this thing, and because of her own health issues she is not supposed to be going out for anything. I probably do not have to tell you she arbitrarily picks and chooses which guidelines to follow for her own safety even though she is a (barely) walking comorbidity.

(I generally dislike humans as much as the next person but have never been so down on and disappointed in people - We can blame certain news sources all we want for creating a sphere of ignorance, but all those sources do is give people the opportunity to choose to enter that sphere. People have a choice to be this ignorant, and they are making the decision themselves.)
 

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,257
SL Rez
2006
Maybe I'm just missing it, but nowhere on the news have I heard anyone confirm or deny Trump's claim (on the video preceding his SUV trip) that he met with veteran's inside Walter Reed. Yes, I'm also concerned about the Secret Service agents that had to take the ride with him, but WTF was going on with other patients? Did Trump make that up (I hope so) or was he actually allowed to visit with patients?
 

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
Joined
Jul 30, 2019
Messages
1,849
SL Rez
2017
Not sure about her diagnosis here, but the patient does seem somewhat agitated


ETA

Looks more like some in the "war room" are taked with keeping up the facade and asked themselves "What would he say?"...
 
Last edited:

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
Joined
Jul 30, 2019
Messages
1,849
SL Rez
2017
Maybe I'm just missing it, but nowhere on the news have I heard anyone confirm or deny Trump's claim (on the video preceding his SUV trip) that he met with veteran's inside Walter Reed. Yes, I'm also concerned about the Secret Service agents that had to take the ride with him, but WTF was going on with other patients? Did Trump make that up (I hope so) or was he actually allowed to visit with patients?
If he was allowed to possibly kill other patients with negligence you alrready live in a dictatorship.
 

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,429
SLU Posts
18459

Evernote link because paywall

There is a long history in the Trump family of denying serious illness. According to a Trump family friend, Trump’s father, Fred Trump Sr., insisted on working even after his Alzheimer’s disease advanced in the 1990s. “To retire is to expire!” Fred Sr. would say. The friend said that as Fred Sr.’s disease worsened––he once came down the stairs wearing three neckties––the family created a system so that Fred could think he was still running the Trump Organization. Every day Fred Sr. would go to the office in Brooklyn and they would give him blank papers to sort through and sign. The phone on Fred’s desk was set up so that it could only dial out to his secretary. “Fred pretended to work,” the family friend said.
ETA

 
Last edited:

GoblinCampFollower

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
5,899
SL Rez
2007
There are people claiming Trump cannot be tweeting this? But if not Trump, who on his team wants him to look like a roid-raging lunatic?
Hey now, I've spent a lot of time in body building communities so I take offense to the comparison to roid raging... the Media portrays roid rage as if it's like meth, but really that's mostly a myth. roids don't make you intoxicated to any degree... Trump acts more like a coke head or something...
 

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
Joined
Jul 30, 2019
Messages
1,849
SL Rez
2017
There are people claiming Trump cannot be tweeting this? But if not Trump, who on his team wants him to look like a roid-raging lunatic?
U sure "only the best people" really can tell the differrence? :kittyball:
 

EmpressOfCommunism

Feted Inner Collective Farmer <3
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
387
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2015
SLU Posts
266
Hey now, I've spent a lot of time in body building communities so I take offense to the comparison to roid raging... the Media portrays roid rage as if it's like meth, but really that's mostly a myth. roids don't make you intoxicated to any degree... Trump acts more like a coke head or something...
These aren't the same kind of steroids, with all due respect. The one they gave Tump is also used often after brain surgery because you're generally already loopy after that so added loopiness doesn't really matter. When I had the covid in march , we were earlier in the game so they decided to experiment and put similar steroid in an asthma inhaler format and put that directly in my lungs via breathing it in. Still made me loopy.

There was a guy who probably had the covid in the same hospital ward that had some other mental health problems and whatever steroid they had given him seemed to aggravate what was already there. Frankly, he acted like Trump during the joy ride. He definitely spread covid: breaking into people's rooms, breaking into staff areas, breaking into quarantined waiting areas for ling x-rays, etc. They couldn't just boot him or move him to psych because he was infectious.

And, if you're not having enough oxygen you can get loopy. But, if the steroid works and your lungs open back up and stop filling with fluid , the sudden rush of oxygen back into your system can also make you loopy. And it hurts a lot so you may get an opiate pain reliever, more loopiness. And if there's covid in your brain you get brain fog and damage, more loopiness. Frankly, it's probably "roid rage", getting the good pain drugs, and the covid itself that we are seeing.
 

Sovereignty

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 27, 2020
Messages
754
SL Rez
2007
Contact tracing isn't his doctor's responsibility, I'm not sure why you keep injecting that into the issue. The people that DO contact tracing need accurate information from trump's doc to do their job.
I keep talking about contact tracing because that is what's important.

I think that is the "obtuse" point you are missing. It's not surprising that you miss it because the US does such a piss poor job at it. It's rarely in the news. This outbreak could be far larger than you imagine.

Remember the outbreak among Biogen executives?

 

Sovereignty

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 27, 2020
Messages
754
SL Rez
2007
Yes, they do need to know because of who he claims to be.

We usually have a medical right to privacy. We decided that does not apply to people we vote for though.
I have said nothing about medical privacy.

From a public health perspective, I object to the near-exclusive focus on Trump by the news media.

The progress of contact tracing should be given a higher priority by the news media than the mouthings of Trump flunkies. ("Mouthings of Trump flunkies". Yeah, leave that in. :))

More lives are at stake with the contact tracing story.

Edit: remove a duplicate quote.
 
Last edited: