Yay! Second Life's new Logo

Benjamin Opel

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
March, 2010
SLU Posts
Pretty much the same as the previous, but different colours - I think it looks lovely!

Today we’re rolling out a new logo for Second Life.

Second Life has seen a surge of interest from people new to SL, longstanding residents, and groups and businesses seeking a uniquely interactive place for gatherings and special events. With this renewed attention we decided it was time to update a key part of how we tell the world what SL is all about. Second Life is still going strong, with a devoted and energetic resident community, and we want everyone to know that.

The old logo has served us well but no longer projects our vision for SL as we move into this next decade. The new logo uses clearer, bolder type to communicate our optimism and confidence in what the future holds for SL. We retired the soft green color in favor of bright blue to reflect the boundless energy of our residents, who create amazing content and experiences. When it comes to what you can do with SL, the (blue) sky’s the limit!

Second Life is a big product. In addition to the Viewer, there are hundreds of web pages, and the old logo is on all of them. We don’t want to distract our teams from the important projects our community knows we’re working hard on. So you will see a mix of new and old logos for a while as teams find time to make updates.

We’re all excited to use the new logo and we hope you like it.

-- The Second Life team
Source: A New Look for Second Life

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Without you pointing it out, I would never have noticed.
Hopefully they did not hire and expert or company for this.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Eh.

It's a decent enhancement of the logo. Greens or blue and black - whatever. I wasn't a fan of the snipped ends on some of the letters, so that works.

Knutz Scorpio

SL Rez
Joined SLU
02-15-2014
It looks like they gave up trying to think of a clever way to display "Second Life"

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
It does look cleaner and stands out better. I'd bet they actually did bring someone in to rework the logo, given their "miraculous" results from hiring real marketers. Might have been a part of the package.

Maitimo

mostly 'armless
SL Rez
I could have done that myself in fifteen minutes, for the price of a couple of beers.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Sid

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
In 2007 the city of Amsterdam decided they need a new logo for their correspondence.
So they hired a professional and a few months later and 100,000 Euro lighter this is the result:
voor = before na = after. So old and new. (no part of the design).

A lot of the Amsterdam citizens were totally pissed off.
The rest of the country was rolling over the floor laughing.

(The XXX are from the cities coat of arms)

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Tirellia

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Everyone blames the designers, but I KNOW what those meetings probably looked like. Every innovative, creative design they presented was shot down by the client committee or an executive who ignored all the meetings and saw it at the last moment. In the end only the most trivial revision was able to get by everyone who insisted on having approval rights.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
In 2007 the city of Amsterdam decided they need a new logo for their correspondence.
So they hired a professional and a few months later and 100,000 Euro lighter this is the result:
voor = before na = after. So old and new. (no part of the design).

A lot of the Amsterdam citizens were totally pissed off.
The rest of the country was rolling over the floor laughing.

(The XXX are from the cities coat of arms)
If it had been me, I'd have at least centered the Gemeente Amsterdam along the Xs

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi