Han Held

I am the Queen of France, completely
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Anchorage
Joined SLU
September, 2010
SLU Posts
Land. Buying a mainland sim while the land market was hot was insane. I sold parts of it off at first and eventually sold the whole thing but I'm fairly sure I didn't get all my money back.
I have so much fucking land it's unreal. Well, I mean it's unreal but I mean that the amount is just staggering.

And I'm talking about in SL, mind you -it goes without saying you have a ton of land in opensim (dreamworldz etc)

EmpressOfCommunism

Too Cute for Capitalism ❤️
Sep 20, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
A full price full prim sim when dividing your build between multiple homestead rentals and mainland via experience tools is cheaper with MORE available land impact. Wish I would have figured that one out sooner.

Seven

Sep 26, 2018
Canada
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-15-2010
It's always skins with me!

Just recently I was trying a demo for a skin, bit I was lazy and only tried the head applier. I liked how the face looked so I bought it and ran off to get the matching body applier. Turns out it was one of those skins where the face was like two shades brighter than the rest of the body. Lesson learned! :oops:

Sep 24, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Oct 2010
SLU Posts
Tied for second place among my regrettable purchases is every no-copy item I ever bought.

EmpressOfCommunism

Too Cute for Capitalism ❤️
Sep 20, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I made the land mistake again :O

Good thing I have an SL accountant/land manager to yell at me lol

Tris

busy pushing buttons
Sep 20, 2018
somewhere in Germany
Joined SLU
02-19-2011
SLU Posts
too many to mention .... :giggle::p

sldenizen

Oct 10, 2018
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Expensive weapons for a sim where we used combat meters. I think I spent like L 10,000 over a year or so.

Oct 21, 2018
SL Rez
Buying a TMP body. Their weird shopping system should have been warning enough for me.

• Agree Agree 3
  • Like Like 2
  • Useful Useful 1
  • Hug Hug 1
  • Show all

Mark

Oct 19, 2018
San Diego, CA
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Clothing/body/head/accessories (Maybe around $15-20K L after a splurge) for an Alt account I ended up never really using because I realized managing just one account was enough for my personal SL habits.

Seawitch

Oct 7, 2018
Skin I have a lot and most of it is unusable now with mesh. I remember paying 4,000L for a skin ! Before Make-up you had to buy a fat pack of skins if you wanted say red lipstick that all changed when someone started making actual make up!
Side note First time playing Gacha went through my entire months allowance at once .
Sea

Last edited:

Salome

Vermicious Knid
Oct 21, 2018
Carmen Sandiego's Pocket
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
I can’t think of any single purchase I ever regretted. Mostly I’ve gotten use out of most the stuff I got, even if getting them was the fun. But I do regret having supported certain unethical sellers and/or practices over the years. And a big reason SL stopped being fun was because I stopped feeling like it was possible to enjoy SL the way I wanted to without also supporting practices and people I did not want to support.

Sep 20, 2018
Yuma, AZ
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Buying SAM Broadcaster to play DJ on SL.

Sep 26, 2018
Land. I have made some poor choices in land by not checking what shit was around.
I can beat that. I have made extremely poor decisions about land. I bought up sea land because I was told it was essential to keep the nature of the themed sim I was in and lost money that way. I gave land to a friend who then put it on sale, and asked to buy it back at a reduced rate and was refused. I gave land to another person who begged me to sell my first land in SL to him because he was trying to make something good... the good thing never arose and I lost everything I'd spent on it, which was too much. I have lost almost every time I've bought land. On the other hand, very good friends have allowed me to squat their land for free, and have given me lee way to build whatever I wanted (which is often odd things) so I expect it evens out over time! I did buy a tremendously expensive sex animation thingy which seems to have poofed from my inventory - Tenderlove. It was expensive and I never used it before it vaporized.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
Sep 20, 2018
Coonspiracy Central, Noonkkot
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Several years ago I was on a serious avatar jag, and the marketplace was just open so I went through it and bought a bunch of avatars. At least two of them turned out to be repackaged freebies, badly modded, with fewer perms than the originals. It wasn't a lot of L$ but it burned.

Hintswen

Sep 21, 2018
I have 2...

First was a pack of animations I bought because they looked like they would work perfectly for what I was making. After buying them I had some issues using them and contacted the creator. They refused to even speak to me so I ended up learning how to make animations and I made my own... Suppose that worked out for me in the end haha.

The second was PikkuBot. I bought it for 1 feature it had according to the website. Unfortunately, it's a feature that is only in the more expensive of the 2 packages so I forked out a lot of money for it only to find out that feature is bugged. I asked in the support group for help with it only to find out the support group is for other users to help you and there are no staff there. Not only that but as this feature was such a niche feature no one there actually used it. I asked multiple times over a month hoping I would eventually get someone that had used it before but alas I never did. I was eventually pointed to their support ticket system so I submitted a ticket, over a year later there was still no reply to it. In that time I had added that feature to my own bot instead because I was sick of waiting for them to get back to me.

Nov 7, 2018
Gacha item.

An RV off Marketplace, that was around $3K in Ls from a third party seller. It took over 100 prims to rez, and had separate parts. A mess.

Fauve Aeon

🌽🐍Mostly Jellicle...🐍🌽
Oct 29, 2018
SL, Kitely, IMVU
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not sure of date/postcount
A stand alone full sim. It was a good experience but at the time/sl era, I should have stuck to a Caledonian Duchy, I think it would have been a more satisfying experience, looking back after having had both (not st the same time though). Now we have our bit of mainland and I like my Linden home(s) but having land in several established communities has been more fun with less effort than building and maintaining a smaller more stand-alone thing.

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
Sep 20, 2018
20 Minutes into the future
SL Rez
I'd have to say my second house. I think it cost around 2500L. My first house was tiny and wedged into my 1024 parcel. Then I grew to 2048 but kept the house and enjoyed the extra prims. Next I got the parcel to the west went to 4096 and decided to get a new house. It was HUGE, in 2 parts and it made any one who came over feel like they were on a Land of the Giants set. It was way over scaled and that was when I decided to learn to make my own houses that were more reasonably sized.

A close second would be any Scarlet Creative house I have gotten either in trade or from a gacha that I wanted something else from but got the house grumble grumble. They either have had spots that you drop through the floor requiring a transparent prim to shore it up or areas that you hover way above the floor requiring a more detailed fix...

Dec 15, 2018
USA
SL Rez
Buying a complete avatar and clothes for someone I know IRL who left SL after a couple weeks. Thousands of L$ down the drain. Never again.

ent|ty

Unpopular Opinion
Jan 6, 2019
I have shied away from buying mesh clothes. I know that sounds weird, but most of them look good, but then when I actually put them on, they make my avatar look chubby.
Of course I am still using the default avatar shape (to scale) so that might have something to do with it.
The mesh clothes can certainly be high quality and nice, I just don't like the 'plumping' look they give me.

On the other hand, in Sansar, I've noticed and appreciate that Marvelous Designer based clothes can actually adapt to the avatar shape, and that is certainly welcome when it comes to seeing holes in it and stuff.