hulu Veronica Mars Officially Revived

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
The nice thing is, I bet they can keep getting most of the cast back. A lot of them don't seem to have super busy careers.
Speaking of, did you know that the actor who played Duncan Kane left acting altogether and is a lawyer?

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Speaking of, did you know that the actor who played Duncan Kane left acting altogether and is a lawyer?
I hadn't heard that. I always wonder if there are a lot of actors that end up doing non acting jobs when their careers don't take off.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I hadn't heard that. I always wonder if there are a lot of actors that end up doing non acting jobs when their careers don't take off.
After the original Star Trek series ended, Shatner was reduced to living in the back of his truck and doing acting gigs on the road.

Hollywood is full of people doing other jobs while trying to get into acting, so much so it has become a cliche. It's a classic supply and demand problem. There's way more people who want to get into the field than there are openings. The same is true of sports and astronauts.

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
So, speaking of other gigs, I caught part of an old Lie to Me episode and there was Logan, in the episode. I have never really watched any of this show either, which was funny.

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I've finished Season 2.

I though I was right about the the Mayor and Beaver but I was thinking the Mayor did it to cover up, not Beaver.

Rolling into S2, I forget almost everything about the Dean plot but I do remember
The rapist is the radio guy and is being helped by the RA

One thing that's kind of fun is how much the social commentary of this show really works for today. The whole rich vs poor is really played up and feels extra relevant these days. Also the social issues are definitely a slightly older era. Like how there are gay students but none are particularly open. There have also been a couple of transgender characters, though one was a hooker hired for a joke, so not really much of a character.

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I will probably mention it again if it comes up, but that article about Duncan mentioned books that I didn't know about. They are available on Kindle.

I only mention this though because often, when a show or movie comes out, and it has a related book, Amazon will put that kindle book on sale the day of. So it may be worth looking into on the day Season 4 comes out, for a potential deal.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Trifina