Thousand Oaks Shooting

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Watching the procession carrying the Sherriff’s body, with all the bystanders and cars lined up the whole way — so moving.

It is a consolation that the election produced some gun control progress. But it’s going to be a long road.

• 1Sad
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Oh yeah, that happened today too. I am not sure if it is a commentary on how many shootings we have had the past few years or how much news has broke in the past 24 hours but it is something that we went almost the whole day before a thread on it was started.

Ryanna Enfield

Just another day in America. It is exhausting being forced onto this emotional rollercoaster of 1 step towards progress, 2 steps back. We will bury these victims today and start digging plots for the next victims tomorrow, and absolutely nothing will be done about America's gun epidemic.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Just another day in America. It is exhausting being forced onto this emotional rollercoaster of 1 step towards progress, 2 steps back. We will bury these victims today and start digging plots for the next victims tomorrow, and absolutely nothing will be done about America's gun epidemic.
Thanks to the Parkland kids and their parents, and all the kids joining MFOL across the country, and the huge protests nationwide,, and the propositions approved in the recent election, we have made progress, and will be making more since more Dems are in state govt now.

But it will take a looooong time to make a big dent.

MSNBC says there are enough guns for every man, woman, and child in America to have one, with 67,000,000 left over. 🤕

Last edited:
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Waiting for #45 or the NRA (insofar as they can be distinguished) to explain that, if only people were allowed to carry firearms in California bars, this wouldn't have happened.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
And, yet, still not one peep from the Orange Shitstain or any Republicans about gun control. I do hope the Democrats in the House are able to get something meaningful done. But anything they get done would still have to pass the Republican-controlled Senate, so I'm not holding my breath.