Tell us your Second Life enemies story

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
That IS creepy af. How did you find out?

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Now I feel kind of lousy about my dumb joke, because I hadn't thought about the fact that yeah, sometimes people on the internet actually do go and kill their "enemies" in RL. I hope I never end up stalked by a loon like that.

Tigger

not on speaking terms with the voices in my head
The first was someone who made an enemy of me without meeting me. If I remember the name was Anne Marie O'Toole ? She of the self driving cars. I rented my first plot of land, built my first ever house, created a garden. Sat down in my new garden to show it off to a friend when we were both suddenly and unexpectedly run down and killed by a random driverless vehicle. Ok, not actually killed but it did drive over us. I had to re-design my garden so that when her cars rampaged through it they wouldn't get stuck. Then as I explored mainland more I kept coming across more and more of her vehicles crashed and sometimes piled up many deep in random areas. I spent a lot of time ARing her shit.

The second was when I bought my first mainland plot. Donalbain it was. Did my build spent some time there when suddenly what had been a standard prefab next door became a huge, weird construction of spinning gaudy colours plastered with bible verses. At the time my profile included the fact of my atheism and I was a member of a couple of atheist groups so I've always assumed my neighbours read my profile took exception to what they saw and figured a badly made blocky temple to the word of their god with spinning metallic textures would ..... do something... I guess. Save my soul maybe. I was sure it was targetted at me as all the openings into it bordered on to my parcel.

nebula

NOPE
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Some dude who wrote copy bot viewers, he called me dumb. I don't wanna take that shit from script kiddies. I then dove into the code and showed how they were taking their users passwords. I then posted the list of people affected on slu. Lulz happened as a result.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Oh yeh, copybot drama.

I had someone following me around and accusing random people in my vicinity of being my alts because I got sarcastic at him about his copybot protections. That only lasted a few days though.

!QUIT

• 1Facepalm
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Puretone

Still Pancakes alt (Roxy Couturier)
Joined SLU
Feb 2011
SLU Posts
I think I just created one tonight.

So, I was on an alt, minding my own business at the Hair Fair, when the following conversation occurs:

[01:27] Second Life: Incoming message from superkid1000
[01:27] superkid1000: i been sent to see you
[01:28] superkid1000: god your nipples are real pink is that ok
[01:28] (You): Kind of inappropriate from someone named Superkid.
[01:29] superkid1000: not really i derender your clothing to aww you naked
[01:29] superkid1000: and get my photos
[01:29] (You): and further inappropriate in a shopping sim
[01:29] superkid1000: i need photos for my displau so no
[01:30] (You): and further inappropriate as you didnt have my permission to use my Avatar. My AV is MY property. People have been banned for that. So good luck.
[01:31] superkid1000: so what this is a alt anyway i use alts to get my photos for my display so i cna add profile names and links without them knowing who did it
[01:32] (You): Thanks for that info. LL -can-
[01:32] superkid1000: thats fine i use poxy you think am that daft

He was on the same sim as I, so I cammed him. One day old child Avatar..

An AR ensued for Sexual Age Play, as he's in a child avater offering sexual comments and an asshole.
I didn't have the fucks to give to explain to him that unless he changes MAC address and computer details every time he switches accounts, a proxy doesn't do much good. Because, as I understand it, the viewer grabs all that info anyway.

I will update if hilarity ensues.

Wesleytron

Joined SLU
08-11-2014
SLU Posts
[01:29] (You): and further inappropriate in a shopping sim
[01:30] (You): and further inappropriate as you didnt have my permission to use my Avatar. My AV is MY property. People have been banned for that.
I doubt anybody has ever been banned for derendering the clothing on another avatar. It might be annoying to know that people can do that but it is a feature in the viewers and, aside from assholes delighting in telling you they've done it, there's no way of knowing about it. Also, as it only happens in their viewer, there is no such thing as an inappropriate place to do it. It's not happening to you inworld as such.

Derendering someones clothing is not against any TOS I'm aware of - although persistently pestering you about doing it might constitute harassment, although I suspect people have remained unbanned for worse.

Block/mute would be the go-to response for such things I think.

An AR ensued for Sexual Age Play, as he's in a child avater offering sexual comments and an asshole.
AR away, but I'm not convinced ogling naked avatars and telling people about it would be considered sexual age play. Creepy and assholey sure, but probably not against TOS.

As for making an enemy of him - he's probaly a troll who gets his jollies from getting a rise out of you.

• 1Eye Roll
Reactions: Govi

Argent Stonecutter

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I have very few new style avatars that aren't dogs (I love the TWI bento avatars), but it was my impression that you needed to alpha out the segments under clothing or you'd flash people every time you teleported, and every time they teleported in to where you are.

I've certainly seen a few things I definitely didn't need to, and mesh baking can't come soon enough.

• 1Agree

Puretone

Still Pancakes alt (Roxy Couturier)
Joined SLU
Feb 2011
SLU Posts
I doubt anybody has ever been banned for derendering the clothing on another avatar. It might be annoying to know that people can do that but it is a feature in the viewers and, aside from assholes delighting in telling you they've done it, there's no way of knowing about it. Also, as it only happens in their viewer, there is no such thing as an inappropriate place to do it. It's not happening to you inworld as such.

Derendering someones clothing is not against any TOS I'm aware of - although persistently pestering you about doing it might constitute harassment, although I suspect people have remained unbanned for worse.
No, it wasn't for the derendering. I'm not sure how you got THAT from the context of my sentence, but let me bold and underline the context.

[01:30] (You): and further inappropriate as you didnt have my permission to use my Avatar. My AV is MY property. People have been banned for that.

I could care less about the derendering. It was for taking those pictures of my av without my consent. You know like 'get their permission before posting their name and a picture of their Avatar' thing? It's why you don't see those type of greeters anymore. The ones that grab your profile pic. Or do you not know of them? Or remember them? And like has been discussed time and time again on SLU especially with pictures, machanime etc. Don't you remember the lambasting Robert 'fuck you' Little got?

Anyway, that's the part that gets people reported successfully.

AR away, but I'm not convinced ogling naked avatars and telling people about it would be considered sexual age play. Creepy and assholey sure, but probably not against TOS.
It becomes ageplay because he was not on an adult avatar while saying it and on the same sim as me? Sorry, I don't do kids.
So you're like okay with some girl child avatar talking about your dick? That's cool right? Or, would you AR it as inappropriate and ageplay?

As for making an enemy of him - he's probaly a troll who gets his jollies from getting a rise out of you.
Yes, i'm sure that was his reason. As anyone that knows me, I swear all the fucking time. You'll notice I didn't in that exchange. I was far from upset. I found it fucking hilarious that he thought using a proxy would in any way prevent LL from issuing a slap. It would be further hilarious if dude that wants to upset people for his jollies gets a main account ban for ageplay. I can fucking hear the whines of 'unfair ban' posts from here.

I just did my best to make that happen.

• 2Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer and Govi

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Block/mute would be the go-to response for such things I think.
This makes Taco's "upskirt" debate that ensued on the LL boards, in days of old, look like child's play. :ROFLMAO:

As far as enemies I suspect that Prok was not a big Rose fan. That's because I'm fond of both Flipper and Jen as well as Joshua.

My husband did something that managed to really piss my neighbors off one day and didn't tell me. I logged in and discovered that both he and I were banned from all the land surrounding our Island. I later spoke with our neighbor and apologized (for what, to this day, I'm still not certain). Everything was fine after that.

• 1Like

Benjamin Opel

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
March, 2010
SLU Posts
Am I right in thinking that nowadays, you can create an enemy just by being present in a sim and keeping yourself to yourself? Or has it always been that way... lol.

There has been many of times I've visited the welcome zones and I've been attacked for no reason and I'm sure everyone else has too lol. :ROFLMAO:

• 1Hug
Reactions: Han Held

Argent Stonecutter

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
If you're just standing there then OBVIOUSLY you're copybotting! Or an alt of their ENEMIES spying on them!

Me: (just standing there)
Someone utterly forgettable: What are you doing?
Me: (browsing the web or something like that)
Them: Whose alt are you?
Me: Huh?
Them: Turn on voice!
Me: I don't do voice and I don't have a mic.
Them: BANZORED

Clara D.

FOR PRESIDENT 2020!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
I might have been the one responsible for bringing "Lady Blue," the self-appointed owner of Bear Infohub to SLU. Hilarity ensued.

• 1* Popcorn *

Tiffy Vella

My husband did something that managed to really piss my neighbors off one day and didn't tell me. I logged in and discovered that both he and I were banned from all the land surrounding our Island. I later spoke with our neighbor and apologized (for what, to this day, I'm still not certain). Everything was fine after that.
My brain is itching to know what the heck he did that got BOTH of you banned.

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
My brain is itching to know what the heck he did that got BOTH of you banned.
I think we both got banned because they thought I was his alt. When it comes to knowing why he got banned ... I have no clue but my guess is he wrote some script that got away from him. It's happened before. Suddenly all sorts of weird shit would be flying around our sim and he's trying to figure out what the heck happened as it's multiplying past our prim count and being returned to our inventory at 100 mph.

Ayesha

This is why I always have my mesh body's bits alpha-ed out/turned off. And yes, if you don't do this people can see you nakie when you land in a busy sim. I've seen so many naked people with a dress attached to their arm dancing at music events!

Argent Stonecutter

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Bake on Mesh will work to make that less likely, even if you don't use a bake-on outfit you can put a bake-on swimsuit under your clothes.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
This is why I always have my mesh body's bits alpha-ed out/turned off. And yes, if you don't do this people can see you nakie when you land in a busy sim. I've seen so many naked people with a dress attached to their arm dancing at music events!
Yeah - and a lot of people don't seem to know about this, because I'd lay odds you have a 50/50 chance of being flashed boobies whenever a female TP's in somewhere. It can be especially awkward if SL is being laggy and it takes just long enough for you to start thinking "Umm....are they naked on purpose?" before their clothes finally pop into existence. If somebody logs into or teleports into a heavy region, there's also a chance they might see YOU naked too, through no fault of your own, until their viewer loads your clothing.

This is crucial to me as a child avatar* and I kind of almost learned it the hard way back when I finally converted to mesh stuff. Luckily it was a friend's place I teleported to, so she just warned me about mesh-clothing-lag, and ever since then I've double-checked my alphas when changing outfits. The mesh body I have has auto-alphas, and I don't 100% trust it yet.

* (not the one who perved on Puretone I promise; for one thing I can type in English)

• 1Thanks