Stray

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I picked it up pre-release for 10% off on Steam. Not that it's an expensive game....

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I want! But I can't have until they release a version for Xbox. Right now it's only PC's and Playstation. 🙁

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I want to see video of someone playing this with their cats watching :)

• 1Like
Reactions: Govi

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Does it have a sandbox or free-roaming mode for someone who can't play videogames?

Adeon Writer

It's very much a super casual game made for people who don't play videogames. It's very linear, and about 6 hours long.

Gameplay includes:
-Just cute cat sequences
-Linear paths though visual storytelling
-two open world areas between the linear paths where you'll do some "find items and give to certain NPC's" like old school adventure games
-some running sequences where you need to outrun some baddies
-there is a stealth section toward the end but my 70 year old dad beat it I don't think anyone will have an issue with it.

That said, while super short, it was precious. Anapurnia really doesn't make bad games at this point (Journey, Outer Wilds, Wild Hearts, this)

I will say if anyone has anxiety about virtual cats getting hurt, toward the end of the game the cat CAN get shot with a laser. There's no blood or cry of pain, but it does fall over limp for a game over screen, so trigger warning there. There's only three areas of the game where you can die, everywhere else you litterally can't get hurt (There's not even fall damage)

If nothing else, find a let's player you vibe with play it. This game is more about an experience than gameplay.

Last edited:

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I saw the cat injured in a fall, and eaten by robot rats.

My problem is making timed jumps. You know the opening sequence in Skyrim where you have to escape from the fort? I literally couldn't get through that.

Anyway, my son gave us his old PS4 and my wife is playing it. I'll try it when she's done.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I saw the cat injured in a fall, and eaten by robot rats.
Escaping the Zurks is my one qualm about Stray. I really really suck at timed anything or requiring quick reaction times.

But, I'm still going to give a try next year when I can play a few hours at a time without feeling guilty. :p

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I wonder if there is a way to let cats play it?