Singularity Viewer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yup. Although currently it's only "Nightly" Test Builds - but I've read in the Singularity group that they're working on a Full Release which ought to be released Soon™.

Meanwhile, the newest (Nightly) Test Builds are:
For Windows: Build 7751
For Linux: Build 7751
and for Mac: Build 7950

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Conifer Dada

There's always time for another coffee.
SL Rez
I use the Singularity viewer for logging in to our OpenSim standalone and also for the OS Grid. It has worked very well up until now and it still works. But a problem occurred first time I used it after a major Windows update a few days ago. When I close the viewer my desktop colours are messed up, like predominantly bright pink or orange or turquoise - different each time. I have to shut down the computer and switch it on again to correct the desktop. This is definitely viewer related as it happens even if I don't start up the standalone. It happens if I just open and close the viewer without trying to log in. I uninstalled the Singularity viewer and re-installed it and the same problem occurred. So I tried a different viewer - Alchemy - and the same thing happened with that.

By the way, For Second Life I use the LL viewer and that closes OK with no random bright colours. Any ideas why the third party viewers mess up the desktop screen when closing them?

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Since development is now happening in this git repository: Lirusaito/SingularityViewer in some branches like animesh, the link of the nightly build site really should point there and not to the main repository where those additions have not been imported yet. This might also avoid possible GPLv2 issues when somebody is looking for the source in the main repository and does not find it.

Liru

Singularity Viewer Developer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I dunno, 2011?
Questions:
1. Who is running this new nightly build site?
Bittenbythedark is running it for us, and has signed the TPV Agreement, if that means anything to you.
2. Singularity Viewer is licensed under the GPLv2 except of some libraries which are stated in the FLOSS. The nightly build site is linking to the main tracker at Github: singularity-viewer/SingularityViewer, newest commit 18th of March, so it is clearly behind whichever development repository is being used for those binaries. The GPLv2 also ensures that the source out of which a binary is being compiled must be openly accessable. So, where is it?
The site is building off of my repo's animesh branch which is available at Lirusaito/SingularityViewer
But that's currently up to date in our main repo too, you looked only at the master branch not the animesh one.
3. Why is the new source code repository being used to compile these builds not linked at the new nightly build site?
Because the site is a work in progress.
Running binaries from a site where nobody has access to the source but the developers themselves essentially could mean in the worst case giving your login credentials away, because the peer review process cannot work like that.
GPL only assures that you can request and obtain source, not that it be openly displayed. But ours is, so chill~

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
I am too fast or slow, whatever - I had deleted the original post before you've created your answer.

Conifer Dada

There's always time for another coffee.
SL Rez
I use the Singularity viewer for logging in to our OpenSim standalone and also for the OS Grid. It has worked very well up until now and it still works. But a problem occurred first time I used it after a major Windows update a few days ago. When I close the viewer my desktop colours are messed up, like predominantly bright pink or orange or turquoise - different each time. I have to shut down the computer and switch it on again to correct the desktop. This is definitely viewer related as it happens even if I don't start up the standalone. It happens if I just open and close the viewer without trying to log in. I uninstalled the Singularity viewer and re-installed it and the same problem occurred. So I tried a different viewer - Alchemy - and the same thing happened with that.

By the way, For Second Life I use the LL viewer and that closes OK with no random bright colours. Any ideas why the third party viewers mess up the desktop screen when closing them?
SOLVED - Answering my own query to save anyone else the bother . . . I 'cleaned' the computer with C-Cleaner and then re-installed Singularity - looks like it's a newer build - and it no longer affects the desktop when closing. I still think it was caused by the Windows update.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Han Held

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Singularity Viewer Update !
Reporter's Note: Note that the "Nightly Builds" have changed from the Singularity team to "Alpha" releases, downloaded by the Singularity Viewer Windows x64 at the bottom of their Bamboo page under the heading "Shared Artifacts". The commit summary page is found here: Singularity - Alpha 14: Build result summary - Builds
Latest build for Windows: 7834
At this time their doesn't appear to be a Linux OS or a Mac OS build.

lord

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
This release is a colossal leap forward, and it comes with full support for Animesh, Bento, Bakes on Mesh, Viewer Managed Marketplace, HTTP Asset fetching, and Experiences!
Since LL has turned off support for the old method of fetching assets. Liru, Shyotl, and two new additions to the team, Bittenbythedark and Router Gray, have worked really hard to restore OS X support to offer alongside 1.8.9 in an emergency mac release. Our emergency Mac release has support for everything mentioned here, and everything from previous releases, but certain random things may be buggy, it will be available soon.

Liru

Singularity Viewer Developer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I dunno, 2011?
This release is a colossal leap forward, and it comes with full support for Animesh, Bento, Bakes on Mesh, Viewer Managed Marketplace, HTTP Asset fetching, and Experiences!
Since LL has turned off support for the old method of fetching assets. Liru, Shyotl, and two new additions to the team, Bittenbythedark and Router Gray, have worked really hard to restore OS X support to offer alongside 1.8.9 in an emergency mac release. Our emergency Mac release has support for everything mentioned here, and everything from previous releases, but certain random things may be buggy, it will be available soon.
The Mac build is actually out now, you caught the post before I updated it.