[Rant] Annoying new trend of false advertising

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
WTF is up with skin shops these days? If I buy a BoM item labelled a skin I expect a skin. Skins are clearly specified body parts in SL. I do not expect to just recieve a complementary head tattoo to a skin I don't have. Please stop lying about your "weekend deals".

Milly

I think people are treating it like they were face appliers rather than a skin. They need to be clear about if they are just selling the head texture but Ive demo'd a few , realized what was going on and didn't buy.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Lyric

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
i recently bought a BOM skin. the head part was blank... i had to purchase it separately and wear a BOM tattoo for the head to go with the skin. it's annoying

some newer skins are BOM only now and no appliers.(Just say system layer only) the market is nuts... why can't we have both and just pick the one we want to use :(

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Fionalein

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
i recently bought a BOM skin. the head part was blank... i had to purchase it separately and wear a BOM tattoo for the head to go with the skin. it's annoying

some newer skins are BOM only now and no appliers.(Just say system layer only) the market is nuts... why can't we have both and just pick the one we want to use :(
There is a BoM mob in SL now who actively cry for the total removal of system layers.. while I understand their point I actually like the idea of materials for glowing tattoos and such, besides that I payed for those old appliers. I'd be rather unhappy to see them go useless.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Lyric

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Are they rioters, looters or are they more of the simple unruly type?
The latter. I'm not totally on the BoM bandwagon yet, except for bodies, BoM on heads hasn't won me over yet. It probably will eventually though.

Milly

Where is this mob calling for the removal of system layers? I only ask because I'm curious about their reasoning and where they are .. most people I have run into (in groups and stuff) tend to be either reluctant to use BOM, don't understand how to get it to work, hate it and won't use it, or like it but tend to get drowned out by the others.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
Where is this mob calling for the removal of system layers? I only ask because I'm curious about their reasoning and where they are .. most people I have run into (in groups and stuff) tend to be either reluctant to use BOM, don't understand how to get it to work, hate it and won't use it, or like it but tend to get drowned out by the others.
Over in the troll-(that is official)Forums... and I agree with you that the fashionistas are a very small subset of users one should not be listen to exclusively (sadly they cry loudest and spend most money though)

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
BoM on heads hasn't won me over yet. It probably will eventually though.
BoM favours heads that are closer to SLUV, Genus and Lelutka are good at that - Absolut Creations would be too but their heads have strange necks that only fit the EVE bodies well - if you already own an EVE however have a go for them - best bang for your bucks in that case.

bubblesort

Yeah, I still can't get BoM to work on my CATWA head. It messes up my forehead so I look super angry all the time. It works great on my body, just not on my face.

Sean Gorham

Verti's Minion Again!
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
BoM is the best thing to happen to mesh since... mesh. Nothing like restoring old functionality to make people say "no, we HATE having more choices!" smh

ETA: oops, I kinda necro'd. Sorry folks.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin