Question of the day #7 - Yall are all In Trouble

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
PFTTTT Theres only one choice and thats Dark Chocolate..... Change my mind
As a diabetic, I only do dark chocolate, and usually stuff I've sweetened myself with non-sugar sweeteners and made into fudge or ganache.... anything else is entirely too sweet - that box of chocolate? I want to say it was all dark, though, since it was also euro and not american, even if there was a milk chocolate in there, it wouldn't be near as sweet anyway.

Dark chocolate here too! Even better when it's covering almonds or hazelnuts. :) I don't get the chocolate with hot peppers thing. That's just wrong!
Actually - the hot peppers and chocolate is the original, proper, native way to do it - also, as a beverage, not solid.

Not big on heat, but the time I had one, it was very delicious, just too pepper spicy for me

Imnotgoing Sideways

Puts the FU in Cute
I could swear this was called "Midnight Delight" at one time and was discontinued in the '90s. (o.o)

I like chocolate, not sugar. =^-^=

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I tried some 90% chocolate and it was soooo bitter. Maybe I'm just not getting the good ones.

Imnotgoing Sideways

Puts the FU in Cute
My guess is that it's something like black coffee, licorice, Earl Grey tea, and cilantro. Individual experiences vary. (^_^)

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Dark, I quite like the Lindt but there is a local firm that does a decent job. (They got a huge boost when Cadbury screwed up about a decade ago.)

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I tried some 90% chocolate and it was soooo bitter. Maybe I'm just not getting the good ones.
Pure chocolate is bitter. It usually needs to be sweetened up with something to make it palatable.

I remember as a young girl seeing a tin of Hershey's 100% Cocoa in my parents' pantry. I snuck in with a spoon, pried open the lid, took a big spoonful of the stuff, and prepared myself for pure chocolate bliss.

It was an experience I will never forget as I ran out of there, gagging and retching, blowing powder all over the place. I couldn't get to a glass of water fast enough! I learned two things that day: One, unsweetened chocolate is bitter as hell; and Two, taking a heaping spoonful of dry powdered anything will usually not end well.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Clara D.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
My guess is that it's something like black coffee, licorice, Earl Grey tea, and cilantro. Individual experiences vary. (^_^)
Black coffee: Only way I drink it.
Licorice: Love it.
Earl Grey: I like it.
Cilantro: Meh. Not a big fan of it, but I won't pick it out of my tacos.

Imnotgoing Sideways

Puts the FU in Cute
Pure chocolate is bitter. It usually needs to be sweetened up with something to make it palatable.

I remember as a young girl seeing a tin of Hershey's 100% Cocoa in my parents' pantry. I snuck in with a spoon, pried open the lid, took a big spoonful of the stuff, and prepared myself for pure chocolate bliss.

It was an experience I will never forget as I ran out of there, gagging and retching, blowing powder all over the place. I couldn't get to a glass of water fast enough! I learned two things that day: One, unsweetened chocolate is bitter as hell; and Two, taking a heaping spoonful of dry powdered anything will usually not end well.
Now, try that by dipping a finger into unsweetened Koolaid. 1) It will dye your tongue for at least a week. 2) Your tongue will die for that same week. Toothpaste and orange juice is pleasant in comparison. (>_<)

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dark is best but I do like an old fashioned Reese’s cup occasionally.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Now, try that by dipping a finger into unsweetened Koolaid. 1) It will dye your tongue for at least a week. 2) Your tongue will die for that same week. Toothpaste and orange juice is pleasant in comparison. (>_<)
Yep, I've done that once. Talk about unimaginably sour!

• 1Agree
Reactions: Imnotgoing Sideways

Roxie Marten

A member in good standing of the usual suspects
SL Rez
Joined SLU
QUESTION OF THE DAY: What is your Favorite Chocolate and If you do not eat chocolate substitute it for what makes your mouth water! (PG BOIS PG)

Side note: Im totally seeing some of you lil snots checking out the post but not posting.... LURKERS WILL BE FED CHARCOAL INSTEAD OF CHOCOLATE. Yeah I see you Karen... STOP
I believe chocolate depends on the occasion. For instant gratification, Hersey's syrup. I once won a bet by shotgunning a can of it back in the day. Quick snack easy to find, big block dark chocolate bars and for the culinary equivalent to foreplay Lindt Lindor chocolates

Maitimo

mostly 'armless
SL Rez

Dark but not too dark, and with a hint of orange. I love all chocolate but dark chocolate with orange is my favourite. Every Christmas, one of my aunts would get a Terry's Chocolate Orange each for me and my siblings. I was the only one who liked them, so I usually ended up trading something for the others.