Netanyahu: Israel Is Only A Homeland For Jewish People

Lianne Marten

Cheese Baron
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 18 2007
SLU Posts
Jewish people should be safe and happy and able to live anywhere they want to, just like anyone else. A Jewish State shouldn't be necessary. I understand why it happened after the holocaust but it seems like the hard liners in charge took a very different lesson from that. Apparently that they should do it first so no one else gets a chance to do it to them.

Of course i'm not Jewish so my opinion matters fuck-all in the situation of how this all started. And Israel exists and nothing will change that either. It's not going anywhere, so that has to be dealt with as a reality. I just feel like if you're making a place for yourself and some other people happen to live there too jumping to "push them out or kill them all" isn't a proper solution. Giving them second class or no class status and making them miserable until they leave counts as pushing them out for this example.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I remember when one of the main faces of Evangelicals were the progressives. They’re still there, but the Dominionist types are going to wreck what’s left, in time. At least their part of it.

Last edited:
  • 2Agree
Reactions: Ellie and Govi

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Agreed, I keep marveling at the terrible consequences of being completely ignorant of History. Learning history is not just a fascinating hobby but an inoculation against all kinds of evil. And the level of ignorance is truly appalling.

For many years Evangelical Christians have seemed off putting to me, with their Prosperity Theology (God will make you rich.) But now that they have ripped off their masks and I see the naked contempt, hypocrisy, and corruption beneath, I am horrified.
:qft: X 1000

My husband has a close friend (for many years) who visited us this weekend who had grand parents and parents who were Jewish in Russian and managed to flee before the second world war. Many members of his family were murdered either by the Nazi's or the communist party. He supports Trump because of the Republicans position on Israel, ok maybe that I can understand.

However, I was astounded at his hatred of Obama because he thought Obama was a Muslim. I was astounded at his level of hatred of Muslims. This man is not uneducated, he has a masters degree and works in education. It's like over and over again, I'm seeing people that I admired suddenly unveiling racism and hatred that I never knew existed in them. :cry:

Then again, I'm pretty sure he was taken back by my anti-any religion stance.

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
too close to miami.... they stand a better chance further north...Port. St luice is actually quite nice..
or maybe around the Lake Placid area...
True, but Broward is where all the white people fled to when Miami was overrun with brown people. Don't you remember the bumper stickers that said "Would the last American out of Miami turn out the lights" and such? Broward is already ground zero for that shit. Though Jacksonville would work too.

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
True, but Broward is where all the white people fled to when Miami was overrun with brown people. Don't you remember the bumper stickers that said "Would the last American out of Miami turn out the lights" and such? Broward is already ground zero for that shit. Though Jacksonville would work too.
I don't remember excatly. i thought it was a the state approval of a spanish licence plate that triggered people...

Zaida Gearbox

Hasn''t Miami pretty much always been overrun with brown people? It's had a huge Cuban population for as far back as I can remember. What changed?

I'm just semi-quoting Cris with the overrun thing.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Oddly, you'd think if white supremacists wanted a haven, they'd come to the panhandle - thankfully, we don't have too much of that shit, other than Gaetz o_O

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Roxanne Blue

Una Mujer Fantastica
SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2009
SLU Posts
Hasn''t Miami pretty much always been overrun with brown people? It's had a huge Cuban population for as far back as I can remember. What changed?

I'm just semi-quoting Cris with the overrun thing.
Miami was never as popular with Cubans until they had to flee Fidel. Key West and Tampa probably had larger populations - by percentage than Miami did in 1960 when the population of (Miami) Dade County was 80% non-Hispanic white. Ten years later, less than 50% of the county was non-Hispanic white, while the rest had fled north (mostly), as Cris noted, to Broward County.

Zaida Gearbox

Well since Castro came to power in 1959 - as far back as I can remember still applies since I wasn't even born until 1971.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Jewish people should be safe and happy and able to live anywhere they want to, just like anyone else. A Jewish State shouldn't be necessary. I understand why it happened after the holocaust but it seems like the hard liners in charge took a very different lesson from that. Apparently that they should do it first so no one else gets a chance to do it to them.

Of course i'm not Jewish so my opinion matters fuck-all in the situation of how this all started. And Israel exists and nothing will change that either. It's not going anywhere, so that has to be dealt with as a reality. I just feel like if you're making a place for yourself and some other people happen to live there too jumping to "push them out or kill them all" isn't a proper solution. Giving them second class or no class status and making them miserable until they leave counts as pushing them out for this example.
Perhaps a Jewish state wouldn't be necessary in a world where Jews weren't persecuted AND could be sure they would never be again, but we do not have such a world.
Israel wasn't always like this. The hardliners weren't always the ones calling the shots.
The people in charge used to want peace, and if Hamas and Hezbollah would've stopped lobbing missiles and taken the extermination of Israel out of their charters there might've been a better chance. We'll never know, I guess.
But now the hardliners are in charge and have been getting worse for years. Also the ultra-Orthodox, putting Israel in the path to become a "Jewish" fundamentalist state no better than the "Islamist" ones. That is not a state in which I, as a reform or secular Jew, would feel welcome.
Of course I don't want to see it wiped off the map, but I can't support what they're doing.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
If you might wonder what's the reasoning behind Netanyahu's dick move, here's the answer: One-state solution gains ground as Palestinians battle for equal rights

More and more Palestenians do switch over in favor for a one state solution, meaning all of them becoming citizens of Israel. Since their fertility rates are even higher than those of the Israelis, the Palestenians would become the major part of the population of Israel in the near future, something which many Israelis do fear as the demographic bomb.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Business as usual in Israel: two rockets presumeable from the Gaza strip hit targets in Israel, one landed in the sea, the other in Tel Aviv. No casualties on the side of Israel. But the fact that the rockets reached Tel Aviv shows it's no DIY job, but military grade hardware being used, and Israel's rocket defense measures failed; normally Hamas' rockets don't have that kind of range, it's really rare that a rocket reaches the capital.

Israel's air force hit 100 targets in the Gaza strip after that for revenge. It's less than a month to the reelection of Netanyahu.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Business as usual in Israel: two rockets presumeable from the Gaza strip hit targets in Israel, one landed in the sea, the other in Tel Aviv. No casualties on the side of Israel. But the fact that the rockets reached Tel Aviv shows it's no DIY job, but military grade hardware being used, and Israel's rocket defense measures failed; normally Hamas' rockets don't have that kind of range, it's really rare that a rocket reaches the capital.

Israel's air force hit 100 targets in the Gaza strip after that for revenge. It's less than a month to the reelection of Netanyahu.

My spidey sense is weirding out with this one. Who benefits?