Mueller & Friends

danielravennest

SLU Posts
The hits just keep coming:

Cohen Strikes Plea Deal Overy Lying to Congress

President Donald Trump's former personal lawyer Michael Cohen admitted Thursday to a criminal charge of making false statements to Congress, with prosecutors saying he deliberately minimized the extent of discussions with Trump about a Moscow-based real estate project and obscured the fact that conversations about the proposed development continued well into the 2016 presidential campaign.

The felony charge Cohen pleaded guilty to Thursday was the first brought against Cohen by special counsel Robert Mueller. While Trump was not directly accused of any wrongdoing, the charge brings the president closer to an effort to obstruct attempts to investigate alleged contacts between the Trump campaign and Russia.

In August, Cohen pleaded guilty to eight other felony counts brought by federal prosecutors in New York, including charges that he violated campaign finance laws by agreeing with Trump during the campaign to make hush money payments to women claiming to have had sexual encounters with Trump.

Pamela

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Corsi's bibliography reads like the men's room walls at a mental asylum.

Among other things he co-wrote "Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry" along with the seminal Obama-is-a-Muslim book, "Where's the Birth Certificate? The Case that Barack Obama is not Eligible to be President".

It's very hard to read through the list without rolling my eyes so hard my brain hurts. It only makes sense that he's tied this way to the Trump gang. Like Trump, he's a pathological liar whose word isn't worth the powder it would take to blow it away.
Manafort is pretty sure he can outsmart Mueller with his plan to get a pardon. I guess we will see.

Porsupah Ree

Shy bunny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/22/politics/supreme-court-secret-court-case/index.html

An unnamed, foreign government-owned company in a mystery court case is asking the Supreme Court to pause a grand jury subpoena it received related to special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.

The Supreme Court appeal comes after a federal appeals court ruling that ordered the company to comply with the subpoena, which required it to turn over "information" about its commercial activity in a criminal investigation. The appeals court also said the company could face fines for every day of noncompliance. The request to the Supreme Court is the latest twist in the secret case, which is under seal and has made its way through the federal court system with uncommon speed.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I think this explains better than any of the news articles.

"Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?"
Given the vid a few rounds of 'another one bites the dust' might be more appropriate. Although I am waiting for 'we are the champions'.

Porsupah Ree

Shy bunny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Well, now..

A Holiday Mystery: Why Did John Roberts Intervene in the Mueller Probe?

A mysterious grand jury subpoena case has been working itself through the D.C. courts since August. Doughty reporting by Politicolinked the grand jury case to special counsel Robert Mueller. Some of us, connecting the dots, wondered whether Mueller’s antagonist in this secret subpoena battle might be President Donald Trump himself. Speculation heightened two weeks ago when the D.C. Circuit cleared an entire floor of reporters assembled for the oral argument, in order to protect the identity of the litigants.
And then, last week, on the Sunday before Christmas, Chief Justice John Roberts personally intervened in this matter.

That’s right: The chief justice of the United States himself issued an order on a Sunday, in this very case. If you think that’s highly unusual, you’re right. And the action he took was equally unusual. At least for the moment calling into question the unanimous decisions of the courts below, the chief justice blocked the District Court’s order requiring the foreign corporation to comply with the grand jury subpoena, until the government’s lawyers could respond to the Corporation’s briefings.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
New York Times article

WASHINGTON — Roger J. Stone Jr., a longtime informal adviser to President Trump who has spent decades plying the dark arts of scandal-mongering and dirty tricks to help influence American political campaigns, was arrested early Friday after an indictment was unsealed in the special counsel investigation. Mr. Stone was charged with seven counts, including obstruction of an official proceeding, making false statements and witness tampering, according to the special counsel’s office.

Porsupah Ree

Shy bunny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I'm not sure how voluntary being honest with the FBI is, but still.. is this just sending a flag up the pole for Trump to see?

Trump adviser Roger Stone says he could cooperate with Robert Mueller

Mr Stone told ABC’s This Week he would have to consult with his lawyers before possibly cooperating with the special counsel team.

“That’s a question I’ll have to determine after my attorneys have some discussion,” he said. “If there’s wrongdoing by other people in the campaign that I know about – which I know of none – but if there is I would certainly testify honestly. I’d also testify honestly about any other matter including communications with the president.”

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU