Hearing some tall tales about age play over enforcement?

Penny Patton

Graphical Moo
Seeing how people act about supposed "ageplay" in SL, I can understand the concern. I've seen people with DD cup breasts fretting over whether their chest was too small to be considered an adult body. And I still remember when pointing out that you can build larger and more detailed environments in SL when you don't scale things up for giant avatars Prok's typically tactful and well reasoned response was to claim I was "trying to turn the entire grid into pedophiles using math", and later claimed I was sexualizing children because my clearly adult avatar had pigtails. Some adult sims still have height restrictions and police avatar bodies based on hairstyles and chest size. There are also people who consider any anime avatars, regardless of body type, to be "child avatars".

So it's a bit tone def to hand wave away concerns of over-policing and say only actual "ageplayers" have something to worry about when the community itself is more than a bit trigger happy when it comes to the topic. And that's the problem with these hazy policies where there's no clear line in the sand for people to know where they stand. With no warnings given and bans are handed out based on one person's subjective opinion on whether an avatar looks too young.

That said, I'm not sure how trigger happy the Lindens themselves are. I'm sure they must get plenty of false claims, so one would hope that they're more reasonable than the average SL resident.

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
Everything can have sex-anims in it. The floor you are standing on can have sex anims in it. Though maybe be more suspicious of a rug, but the floor, walls, ceiling, the lamp, the table, the duck quacking at you, the invisible thing you walk into that can only be seen by turning on "view transparent" can all have sex-anims in them.

So anywhere a child avatar stands might end up being problematic.

I'm more annoyed by skin stores being in G rated regions, but that's a different issue.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Seeing how people act about supposed "ageplay" in SL, I can understand the concern. I've seen people with DD cup breasts fretting over whether their chest was too small to be considered an adult body. And I still remember when pointing out that you can build larger and more detailed environments in SL when you don't scale things up for giant avatars Prok's typically tactful and well reasoned response was to claim I was "trying to turn the entire grid into pedophiles using math", and later claimed I was sexualizing children because my clearly adult avatar had pigtails. Some adult sims still have height restrictions and police avatar bodies based on hairstyles and chest size. There are also people who consider any anime avatars, regardless of body type, to be "child avatars".

So it's a bit tone def to hand wave away concerns of over-policing and say only actual "ageplayers" have something to worry about when the community itself is more than a bit trigger happy when it comes to the topic. And that's the problem with these hazy policies where there's no clear line in the sand for people to know where they stand. With no warnings given and bans are handed out based on one person's subjective opinion on whether an avatar looks too young.

That said, I'm not sure how trigger happy the Lindens themselves are. I'm sure they must get plenty of false claims, so one would hope that they're more reasonable than the average SL resident.
I remember being told that [even with breast enhancements - because I find the default kemono avie to be a bit too childlike for my tastes] my avatar was not allowed at the adult hub with an anime avatar, because it was considered child not adult.... mostly though no matter what avatar I use anymore, I don't go places. If its not this, then its like I end up getting someone obsessing over me.

And really? Considering half or more of the catwa head shapes that look like 12 year olds, being told my anime head is childlike is just WTF.

sldenizen

Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Also....guys. In the kitchen? Seriously? Gaaaaah
What, you've never had your boobs grabbed from behind while washing the dishes, or been bent over the center island, or ... how about that scene with the spatula in the classic film Stripes:

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Everything can have sex-anims in it. The floor you are standing on can have sex anims in it. Though maybe be more suspicious of a rug, but the floor, walls, ceiling, the lamp, the table, the duck quacking at you, the invisible thing you walk into that can only be seen by turning on "view transparent" can all have sex-anims in them.

So anywhere a child avatar stands might end up being problematic.

I'm more annoyed by skin stores being in G rated regions, but that's a different issue.
Who needs objects. We live in the future, there are "Sex anywhere" systems available now.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
When I was inworld the other day I got an IM from a guy because of my avatar name (he also liked Doctor Who). He just wanted to chat. He was apologetic about his bio, which listed quite a few kinks. I have several friends inworld who share some of them, so I told him I wasn't fazed by what he did with his pixels in private, but to tread carefully with age play. He had said he was out of SL for a while.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
With no warnings given and bans are handed out based on one person's subjective opinion on whether an avatar looks too young.
How would we know, without access to whatever files caused Governance to ban someone, how many warnings had been given before any particular individual was banned and what actually happened to cause the ban?

The only people who know that are the person who was banned and LL, and they probably have very different views about the same set of facts.

All the rest of us have to go on is mere speculation and rumour.

(ETA: I'm assuming you mean LL banning people -- I agree that individual landowners and club staff are going to have their own different ideas, many of which are stupid, but it's hardly news that there are lots of stupid people in the world, and they're well-represented among SL club and land owners, as elsewhere.)

Last edited:

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
Yeah, the main point of this thread was to try to sample what people knew about the lindens themselves... I'm aware that some douche bag moderators and sim admins are on power trips and don't seem to know what a child vs adult looks like.... you make some very fair points.

Madi Perth

It doesn't help when there are rumors of rouge lindens going around banning any child avatar that just happens to be with in a few meters of a object with sex animations in it. I share a sim with my alt and her husband. My alt is clearly an adult and so is her husband. Some of you from SLU have met them, Maggie and Struck. They had an adult hottub and bed on their parcel on the far side of the sim. This rumor so concerned me that we ripped out the sex bed and the adult hottub that had been there for 5 years.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Paint yourselves green and nobody will care what age or gender you seem to represent. They also won’t care where you are unless they’re deeply roleplaying Goreans. They’ll not abide anything nonhuman within the scope of their most excellent presence Madames and Sirs.

• 1Agree
Reactions: GoblinCampFollower

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Although I remember wanting to wear anatomically painted undergarments in 2004 and nobody would make them for me because that was just too strange an idea for a little green wood sprite to conceive. Tried to make my own but was unsuccessful and I never looked back as skins and heads and hinged mesh skeletal whatevers developed. Somebody once gave me one of those talking wagging parts but it was half my length and textured with only light and dark peachy skin tones. It talked. ha ha ha ha ha

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Somebody once gave me one of those talking wagging parts but it was half my length and textured with only light and dark peachy skin tones. It talked. ha ha ha ha ha
You couldn't even change to color to green? *sigh* Early SL tech...