max Game of Thrones, The Final Season

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I didn’t understand why the King’s Landing defenses didn’t rain down arrows on the Dany forces that were right beneath their walls. Why weren’t the archers who were ready to shoot Tyrion called? They also must have had all those droppable stuff to defend their walls that they knew would be attacked, like hot oil or pitch...or whatever people with actual history knowledge would use.

I still don’t accept Jamie’s actions. I thought he went to Cersei to kill her. If they are still alive and he doesn’t kill her, it trashes all the growth he experienced as a character. It also puts the chances of overly large blonde children with Brienne at zero. :bawl:
I'm agnostic about what Jaime's intentions were. There's no way of knowing -- maybe he wasn't supposed to know -- what he intended, when he left Winterfell, to do with Cersei and there's no way of knowing whether Tyrion managed to persuade him to try to escape with her. He entered the Red Keep by the secret entrance only because he couldn't get in through the main gate, so we don't even know if he initially intended to go anywhere near the boat that Tyrion and Ser Davos had arranged. Nor do we know whether his plans changed after the fight with Euron.

All we really know is that, by the time he did catch up with Cersei, King's Landing had fallen and the Red Keep was falling down around their ears. Cersei was terrified, and whatever plans he may have had to strangle her might simply have evaporated when he saw the reality of their joint situation.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Arilynn

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Fine.

Jaime was family/duty bound to return to Cersei because of the child. There's no way he'd be able to stay with Brienne, and he's not smart enough to have figured that out BEFORE breaking her heart. That seems consistent. And Brienne deserves someone sweet like Podrick. ;)

Not happy with the writing for Varys. Tyrion may like Jon Snow, but he's obviously smitten with Daenerys, something Varys would be more than aware of. Varys is not one to make stupid mistakes like tipping his hand early.

Happy with the Arya visuals, the pale horse scene was iconic. I'm fine with the Ayra/Hound parallels, but not happy with the "Sandor, thank you." scene. That felt weak and out of character. She should have parted with something more punchy. I could have done without another 'thumb in the eye' scene. Yuck.

And it's not like there hasn't been foreshadowing leading up to Daenerys's "Burn them all!" moment. The idea that Sansa is now wiser and more clever than everyone is a bit of a stretch. And I had hoped that Daenerys would have been proud enough to not want to prove Sansa's suspicions right.

I'm fine with Cersei being crushed beneath the Red Keep after realizing that Jaime is basically a walking deadman. Quick death was too good, better for her to realize she's lost everything.

Clearly either Jon or Daenerys must die. Jon's life in "over-time." Can one still heir to the throne after having been killed? Usually not.... so my money is on him returning to being dead. And if Daenerys has any chance at redemption, she'll fly east and torch the Iron Bank as well, and stay there.

Sansa -might- take Tyrion back, I don't know. There's not a lot of suiters for her hand left. I guess it depends on whether Bronn feels like he needs to see through what he was paid to do by Cersei. I doubt Tyrion can deliver High Garden now.

At this point, all I really care about is "What happens to the Dragon?!"

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Yara! She's certainly the Queen of the Iron Islands now, and has her fleet, whatever was left to guard the Iron Islands and the remnants of Euron's fleet.

Seriously, the Iron Bank must be worrying about all that gold they lent to Cersei to pay for the Golden Company (oops) and, I imagine, will be very glad to do a deal with Yara to advance her the money to send over the rest of the Golden Company plus any other decent mercenary outfits who are free, transported by her fleet (fees to be deducted from the debt) if she'll promise to repay Cersei's debt, or at least a percentage of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: Arilynn

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Arilynn

But Jaime knows she's pregnant, and on top of that, the child is his.
He thought nothing of pushing young Bran to his likely death in season 1, but if he is the "redeemed knight", could be kill a child now, especially his own?
If I were Jamie, I wouldn’t necessarily believe the child exists or is mine. She has used many men for her own purposes (poor Lancel), always been able to manipulate Jamie, and repeatedly proven herself to be treacherous.

Pancake

Fluffer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
About the pregnancy... how far along would she be now? 57 weeks?

Ok, ok I exaggerate, but really what is the amount of time it would have taken her to know she was pregnant and tell him. Let’s be generous and say 6 weeks. Then he travels all the way to Winterfell. Then the 1 day battle. Spent a few days with Brienne then travelled all the way back.

She should be much further along than they show unless I’m not picturing distance correctly

OrinB

tutti fruitti
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
About the pregnancy... how far along would she be now? 57 weeks?

Ok, ok I exaggerate, but really what is the amount of time it would have taken her to know she was pregnant and tell him. Let’s be generous and say 6 weeks. Then he travels all the way to Winterfell. Then the 1 day battle. Spent a few days with Brienne then travelled all the way back.

She should be much further along than they show unless I’m not picturing distance correctly
We don't even know that she knows she was actually pregnant and we've already established that she's likely lied to both Jamie and Euron at some point for her own ends. So... Was she really pregnant and is she actually pregnant still? And was/is it really Jamie's? So many questions no where near enough sensible answers.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Just seen a video on YouTube suggesting that next week, for reasons that made sense to the guy who made the video though not to me, we'll discover that Dany was, in fact, flying direct to the Red Keep to nuke Cersei while sparing the city as a whole, but Bran warged out, took over Drogon and burned the city so that Jon, thinking Dany has gone mad, will kill her. It's all the Lord of Light's fault, apparently -- gods, can't live with them and they make dragons burn down your city if you try not to!

He did, though, make the interesting point that the last we saw of Dany was just before she and Drogon took off from the city walls, when she appeared to be heading straight for the Red Keep. After she changed course and Drogon started napalming the place, we -- rather unusually -- didn't see her reaction to the carnage.

NyteWytch

What's good, Miley?
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
SLU Posts

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
I came across some potential spoilers from episode 6, provided by someone who apparently also spoiled 4&5 quite accurately. Some of it was reasonable, some of it was dumb.

Sansa rules in the North. (yay)
Tyrion is put on trial and either dies or lives to become part of the King's council (two script versions).
Dany kills more people and expresses her intention to continue razing Westeros and the rest of the world.
Jon kills Dany to protect the people, and especially his family. (expected)
Jon takes the Black again. (seems like a Jon thing to do, but why would the Night's Watch even be necessary anymore?)
The remaining Unsullied return to Essos to preserve Dany's legacy there.
Arya leaves King's Landing. (all it says)
Motherfucking Bran become KIng with Sam, Davos, Bronn (?), and possibly Tyrion as his council.

Bran, who has all of the knowledge or everything ever locked up in his head, but has repeatedly proven to be entirely useless all the same. I'm OK with the rest, but that will be the dumbest fucking thing ever if it turns out to be true.

• 1Facepalm
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
I came across some potential spoilers from episode 6, provided by someone who apparently also spoiled 4&5 quite accurately. Some of it was reasonable, some of it was dumb.

Sansa rules in the North. (yay)
Tyrion is put on trial and either dies or lives to become part of the King's council (two script versions).
Dany kills more people and expresses her intention to continue razing Westeros and the rest of the world.
Jon kills Dany to protect the people, and especially his family. (expected)
Jon takes the Black again. (seems like a Jon thing to do, but why would the Night's Watch even be necessary anymore?)
The remaining Unsullied return to Essos to preserve Dany's legacy there.
Arya leaves King's Landing. (all it says)
Motherfucking Bran become KIng with Sam, Davos, Bronn (?), and possibly Tyrion as his council.

Bran, who has all of the knowledge or everything ever locked up in his head, but has repeatedly proven to be entirely useless all the same. I'm OK with the rest, but that will be the dumbest fucking thing ever if it turns out to be true.
It would be a complete 180 degree turn for Bran from even the most recent episodes. Unless the death of the Night King somehow makes him not the Three Eyed Raven anymore.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I didn’t understand why the King’s Landing defenses didn’t rain down arrows on the Dany forces that were right beneath their walls. Why weren’t the archers who were ready to shoot Tyrion called? They also must have had all those droppable stuff to defend their walls that they knew would be attacked, like hot oil or pitch...or whatever people with actual history knowledge would use.
Real castles often had wooden "hoardings" which overhung the stone part of the wall. Wood is more perishable than stone, so most surviving castles have lost these structures. Oil is expensive and useful. They would have dropped large rocks, which are cheap and plentiful, boiling water, bundles of flammable stuff and torches, or shot arrows straight down at the attackers. The hoardings also protected them from incoming arrows and siege engine missiles. This kind of defense doesn't make for good visuals in a TV drama, which is why you never see them.