Catwa HDPro Queen Head Available for 1L 3/25 Only

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,597
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
They seem to have removed it from the marketplace dash it. Too late again.
Hasn't been on the MP for hours. Was probably LL's "solution" to the outages it was causing.
 

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,948
Location
20 Minutes into the future
SL Rez
2006
QUEEN will be available for one linden purchase price until [26th MARCH 11:59PM SL TIME NOT NOTICE TIME]. We thank you for the overwhelming response to this offer. We also thank Linden Lab for their help in setting up the four additional sims. Landmarks are attached to this notice. Make sure to use those LMs as it's the only way to get in because all of the sims are NEW!
 

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
1,050
SL Rez
2002
I just TP'd to their sim, bought the head and tp'd out in the space of about 30 seconds. It can be done. Its right at the TP point that's in between the two sims.
 

Nynaboo Rhapsody

New member
Joined
Oct 10, 2018
Messages
25
Location
Vancouver Island
Got Head!

...er.... I mean bought the head! On sim wait time was average once I turned on "show friends only", just gotta wait for an opening to get in
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,597
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
Can we have a Catwa $1L Head Day every March 25th?

:hellokitty:
 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
I got in on my main, my alt may be out of luck.
The head looks better on my av than I thought it would, and I spent entirely too long playing with it.
 

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,433
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
I got it for my main account, I have not tried it yet. I considered trying on the alt I have been using a lot lately but I have a head I really like already so I decided to skip the hassle.
 

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,433
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
Ok, so I have been playing with this and I like it alright so far except for the eyes. I have no idea how to fix the eyes from looking up like they are.

 
  • 1Agree
  • 1Meh
Reactions: Govi and Free

Sean Gorham

Retired
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
354
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
1928
If you purchased the head but didn't receive it yet, hit up one of Catwa's redelivery terminals. Just like the MP, Catwa's vendors crumpled under the load.
Ok, so I have been playing with this and I like it alright so far except for the eyes. I have no idea how to fix the eyes from looking up like they are.
Most mesh heads have a hud setting for adjusting the eye position. I'm not familiar with the new Catwa hud yet — does anyone else know?
 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
If you purchased the head but didn't receive it yet, hit up one of Catwa's redelivery terminals. Just like the MP, Catwa's vendors crumpled under the load.

Most mesh heads have a hud setting for adjusting the eye position. I'm not familiar with the new Catwa hud yet — does anyone else know?
Their HUD isn't exactly intuitive, but the eye tab icon does look like an eye. It should be somewhere in there. I'll look when I get back inworld.
Ok, so I have been playing with this and I like it alright so far except for the eyes. I have no idea how to fix the eyes from looking up like they are.
Did you start with your shape or the one one with the head?
I usually start with the latter when I first get the head, and edit either my own shape or theirs, whichever is less nuisance.
 

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,433
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
Their HUD isn't exactly intuitive, but the eye tab icon does look like an eye. It should be somewhere in there. I'll look when I get back inworld.


Did you start with your shape or the one one with the head?
I usually start with the latter when I first get the head, and edit either my own shape or theirs, whichever is less nuisance.
I started with my shape. I did look through the online manual and I think the problem may be I have BOM for eyes turned on, but I have not had a chance to look into it farther.

Also, though I did start with my own shape, I went and played with it a bit with various adjustments and the eyes never moved. Which makes me think it's a BOM issue.
 

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,948
Location
20 Minutes into the future
SL Rez
2006
I write down the body/torso/leg numbers of my current the shape before using the one included. Less numbers to change to get back fairly close to pre new headness, Then I spend an unhealthy amount of time tweaking things on the head. I've not started on Caete yt because my favourite skins/makeup I'v been using are not BOM nor Catwa applier.

So here's my alt who needs the nose thinned but looks pretty once again.
 
  • 2Like
Reactions: Romana and Govi

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,433
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
I started with my shape. I did look through the online manual and I think the problem may be I have BOM for eyes turned on, but I have not had a chance to look into it farther.

Also, though I did start with my own shape, I went and played with it a bit with various adjustments and the eyes never moved. Which makes me think it's a BOM issue.
The BOM toggle fixed it. Its not super clear what is a button and what is just a label on this HUD.
 
  • 2Agree
  • 1Like
Reactions: Romana, Caete and Govi

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,948
Location
20 Minutes into the future
SL Rez
2006
Thinned the nose some, much more like her old self.


 
  • 2Like
Reactions: Govi and Romana

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
The BOM toggle fixed it. Its not super clear what is a button and what is just a label on this HUD.
That HUD reminds me of the dashboard of my car. What my dad used to call "idiot lights".
Meaning had to be inferred, and it's rarely clear.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,433
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
That HUD reminds me of the dashboard of my car. What my dad used to call "idiot lights".
Meaning had to be inferred, and it's rarely clear.
Speaking of the HUD. Someone in I think the Builders Brewery group was complaining about an "unnamed" HUD that you could not move because it would reset it's position.

So I tested it, knowing this is likely a new popular thing now, and it seems to be this HUD. Which is dumb. Moving huds is really necessary if you start to have several.
 
  • 1Agree
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi and Romana

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,597
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
Moving huds is really necessary if you start to have several.
Especially when an item come with 2 or more HUDs. And they overlap when you open them all at once... :slu:
 
  • 2Agree
Reactions: Romana and Govi

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
1,615
Location
North of Surf City
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
27.05.2009
SLU Posts
5294
Not having much experience with anything other than the standard issue system avatar's head, I am extremely grateful to Catwa for their (her?) generosity in offering what seems to be a "state of the art" head to introduce us to the joys and sorrows of working with one. Over 17 years, I've become so accustomed to the system head (and skins therefore), I'm enjoying the challenges and frustrations of learning this new device.

The Catwa HUDs seem so cryptic because they cram so much into so little screen space that having a thorough guide at hand is always necessary. This stuff is dizzyingly complex and makes me realize just how user-friendly the Linden controls really are, frustrating as they have been in the past. Of course, if Catwa did not have to struggle with the current limitations of HUD construction, who knows how much better and easier to use they'd be?
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: bubblesort

bubblesort

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 16, 2018
Messages
1,990
Not having much experience with anything other than the standard issue system avatar's head, I am extremely grateful to Catwa for their (her?) generosity in offering what seems to be a "state of the art" head to introduce us to the joys and sorrows of working with one. Over 17 years, I've become so accustomed to the system head (and skins therefore), I'm enjoying the challenges and frustrations of learning this new device.

The Catwa HUDs seem so cryptic because they cram so much into so little screen space that having a thorough guide at hand is always necessary. This stuff is dizzyingly complex and makes me realize just how user-friendly the Linden controls really are, frustrating as they have been in the past. Of course, if Catwa did not have to struggle with the current limitations of HUD construction, who knows how much better and easier to use they'd be?
Yeah, as somebody who has made a LOT of HUDs over the years, I think they really should do away with the prim based HUDs for things like this. I mean, I admire the CATWA HUD. It's confusing, but it's a lot more elegant than others I've seen. The problem is, no matter how elegant it is, there are just too many controls to make prim huds practical. There is no way to not make it cluttered. They should set up a good web site for head customization. The heads are almost definitely web-connected, anyway. Maybe they could also put a media texture on a prim to load the web page in world, and let us change the head with that if we want, so we can see our changes in real time easier, instead of juggling a browser window and an SL window.
 
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi