#BYEDON 2020 - The End Better Fucking Be Near

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,423
SLU Posts
18459
No, I didn't know, but thank you. I don't play a lot of games and I'm honestly not very good at spotting deep fakes. It's obvious now that I look at it closer, but I just assumed it was a filtering or lighting or older movie technology issue.
I didn't recognise it, either, and had to think twice about whether it was a strangely-focused movie still or very realistic graphics.
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,670
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
What I think we can see over the last forty-eight hours is that Trump is shifting from actual attempts to overturn the result of the election and even to a degree efforts to prevent his party and the apparatus of government from recognizing the reality of the transition. His efforts now are solely focused on delegitimizing the result of the election and embedding in the American right the idea that the election was fraudulent.

It’s similar to birtherism, which of course Trump had a key role in elevating and amplifying. I also suspect that as soon as the machinery of government moves a bit more clearly in line with reality of Biden’s presidency, or at the latest after the inauguration, Trump will announce his campaign for President in 2024.
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,670
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
Vice President Mike Pence on Friday offered yet another signal that the Trump administration has no plans to concede any ground to Joe Biden’s claims to the presidency amid President Trump’s continued refusal to acknowledge his clear loss in his reelection bid.

During a speech to the Council for National Policy, a conservative think tank, Pence was met with chants of “Four more years! Four more years! Four more years!” according to a transcript of the speech put out by the White House.

“That’s the plan,” Pence responded, later stating in his remarks, “I promise you: We will keep fighting until every legal vote is counted, until every illegal vote is thrown out, and we will never stop fighting to make America great again.”
This happened at a "think tank."
 

Arkady Arkright

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 12, 2018
Messages
814
Repeat after me: There is no button! A military aide follows him around with a briefcase that contains the "Permissive Action Codes", necessary to activate the nuclear arsenal. He then has to order either the Secretary of Defense or Chairman of the Joint Chiefs to act via a secure line or in person. I don't expect such an order to be carried out.
I knew that, of course... I was being, erm, metaphorical. Is it really that easy for a serving member of the US armed forces to disobey a direct order from his Commander-in-Chief ?? Isn't that some kind of treason ?
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,670
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565


Uh-boy. I can't get up the intestinal fortitude to read through it. Also...I'm wondering if they did this for Clinton voters 4 years back?
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,670
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
Winston Churchill was not known for leaving his thoughts unspoken. One of them was this: "It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried.”

President Donald Trump, who has professed admiration for, if not deep knowledge of, the British prime minister, is putting Churchill’s observation to one of its greatest tests by refusing to accept the results of an election that delivered victory for Democrat Joe Biden. Trump's predecessor, Barack Obama, calls this a “dangerous path” for the United States.
 

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,423
SLU Posts
18459

"Unusually contentious"-- made me think of a blazing row between a particularly obnoxious married couple.
 

Sean Gorham

Retired
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
354
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
1928
Who'se the actor? Might be fun checking out his other works ... a very expressive, fun face.
I hear he's selling real estate these days... :hamster:

ETA: Just caught up on the thread and I thought you were kidding, Soen!:facepalm:
 
Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
  • 1ROFL
Reactions: Isabeau and Soen Eber
Status
Not open for further replies.