LOL! Boooooooks

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
In the first movie, when John Wick is digging up his basement stash, there is a bookbinder's press in the background. In an unused scene, they showed that he had taken up a job restoring old books after he retired from being a hitman. Keanu Reeves took classes in bookbinding to prepare for the scene.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

That's your favorite part of Orwell's writing, uh?

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
A schoolboy bullied for his love of books has received support from authors, bookshops and celebrities.

Callum Manning created an Instagram account reviewing some of the recent books he had read.

The 13-year-old had just started a new school in South Shields when fellow pupils began mocking him about it on a group chat that he was able to see.

When his older sister tweeted about it there was a surge of online support for him and he now has 85,000 followers.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
I might have mentioned before that I was forever the new kid growing up through (11) primary and secondary schools, sometimes we’d move three times during the same year. I was only bullied in 1or 2 schools, though maybe because of my “experience” I pushed back so wasn’t really intimidated, it was still rough. It can be a lonely time. I can’t imagine how it must be for someone who is more shy, or not as used to it. Some people are just mean for no reason, it isn’t just children. Poor little tyke.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I don't know how well-known Jan Morris is outside the UK, but whether or not you're familiar with her work, this interview/profile of her, as she prepares -- at the age of 93 -- to publish what may be her final book, is worth reading:

I particularly value this insight from the article:

“If you are not sure what you think about something, the most useful questions are these,” she says. “Are you being kind? Are they being kind? That usually gives you the answer.”