max Game of Thrones, The Final Season

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
That might make an interesting alternative to prequels and sequels -- seriously, in a few years' time, HBO might want to consider the option of doing a reprise of seasons 7 and 8, with new writers, and probably with a different cast, giving a completely new version of events after Dany's return to Westeros.

Amelia Freund

Joined SLU
10 Sep 2007
SLU Posts
It would be a complete 180 degree turn for Bran from even the most recent episodes. Unless the death of the Night King somehow makes him not the Three Eyed Raven anymore.
Yeah, Bran doesn't make sense. He'd certainly be a very valuable member of the small council if Jon sits on the throne however.

I dunno what further dumb shit will happen in the final episode, but one thing I reckon is for certain, they need to dispose of that dragon before they can kill Dany! That is her main weapon. I'm guessing all the scorpion bows are no more (unless there's one on a wayward ship from Euron's fleet). Poison him! Qyburn's lab is under that rubble somewhere! Find it Arya. Then dose up that white horse of yours with a shitload of long farewell and tie it up somewhere near Drogon's nest (like the goat in Jurrasic Park).

It's too late for my zany plot ideas.

Can you believe HBO actually offered D&D more episodes or an extra season and they turned HBO down??!! Absolute madness....
If they think we're going to give a standing ovation as the credits roll after Sunday they're completely deluded.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Yeah, Bran doesn't make sense. He'd certainly be a very valuable member of the small council if Jon sits on the throne however.

I dunno what further dumb shit will happen in the final episode, but one thing I reckon is for certain, they need to dispose of that dragon before they can kill Dany! That is her main weapon. I'm guessing all the scorpion bows are no more (unless there's one on a wayward ship from Euron's fleet). Poison him! Qyburn's lab is under that rubble somewhere! Find it Arya. Then dose up that white horse of yours with a shitload of long farewell and tie it up somewhere near Drogon's nest (like the goat in Jurrasic Park).

It's too late for my zany plot ideas.

Can you believe HBO actually offered D&D more episodes or an extra season and they turned HBO down??!! Absolute madness....
If they think we're going to give a standing ovation as the credits roll after Sunday they're completely deluded.
We can't say we weren't warned:

• 1Like
Reactions: Cristalle

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
We can't say we weren't warned:
I never expected a happy ending, not on this show. But based on the excellence of the first 5 seasons, I expected a dramatically cohesive and satisfying ending that was based on the themes that had been developed since Day 1.

So far, that kind of organic narrative resolution has been sadly lacking. Things are happening, but they're not surprises or twists and turns I didn't see coming. They're more like non sequiturs.

Halo Minoptra

Not shown in actual size
I didn’t understand why the King’s Landing defenses didn’t rain down arrows on the Dany forces that were right beneath their walls. Why weren’t the archers who were ready to shoot Tyrion called? They also must have had all those droppable stuff to defend their walls that they knew would be attacked, like hot oil or pitch...or whatever people with actual history knowledge would use.

I still don’t accept Jamie’s actions. I thought he went to Cersei to kill her. If they are still alive and he doesn’t kill her, it trashes all the growth he experienced as a character. It also puts the chances of overly large blonde children with Brienne at zero. :bawl:
Right. EVERYBODY got stupid in this season.

High hopes for GOT: The Next Generation, though.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Arilynn

Zaida Gearbox

In fairness, there was almost no way this season wasn't going to be a huge disappointment. 2 years was too damn long to wait. There was so much hype build up and people got really attached to various theories - almost all of which got shit on - except Cleganebowl (sadly). It's like how the die hard fans of the original Star Wars trilogy HATE everything that came after.

But, out of respect for the actors that I know put their hearts and souls into their roles - I'm trying really hard to not be a hater.

• 1Like
Reactions: OrinB

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
I feel like we're getting a bad Cliff's Notes version of the material GRRM will hopefully someday produce.

(Are those still a thing, or does everyone just crib off of Wikipedia?)

• 1Agree
Reactions: Zaida Gearbox

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
On a lighter note, here's what I hope they do with the theme to the prequel...
The Lannister guitar is the most beautiful of the collection. The Game of Thrones Sigil Collection: 3 Guitars Worthy of the Great Houses

• 1Like
Reactions: Romana

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I feel like we're getting a bad Cliff's Notes version of the material GRRM will hopefully someday produce.

(Are those still a thing, or does everyone just crib off of Wikipedia?)
I thought he once said he'd thought of killing everyone off.

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Some are saying they turned HBO down due to them doing the next Star Wars movie after The Rise of Skywalker

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Prediction for the final denouement after all the characters who are going to die do so, and someone -- Hot Pie, maybe -- ends up on the Iron Throne

Bran wakes up from his coma after falling to the ground after Jaime throws him from the window in the first season ... It was all a dream.

And then the plot carries on, as it did before, just as it did in the first series.

OrinB

tutti fruitti
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
Prediction for the final denouement after all the characters who are going to die do so, and someone -- Hot Pie, maybe -- ends up on the Iron Throne

Bran wakes up from his coma after falling to the ground after Jaime throws him from the window in the first season ... It was all a dream.

And then the plot carries on, as it did before, just as it did in the first series.
Omg... are they old enough to have interned in the script department for “Dallas”?

Zaida Gearbox

Some are saying they turned HBO down due to them doing the next Star Wars movie after The Rise of Skywalker
After how they butchered season 8 - I'm wondering if the next Star Wars movie will bomb badly because nobody will want to see how they butcher Star Wars.

My only hope is they'll cast Rory McCann in it, and I can at least go to see him. :)