Covid-19 vaccine thread

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
The people who aren't vaccinated because of some demographic factor aren't the ones belligerently spreading disinformation, mocking the virus, abusing health professionals, and trying to prevent others from getting vaccinated.
The people doing those things deserve to be judged. And sometimes, jailed.
I have neighbors who are disabled, a couple. The husband is vaccinated, but last I heard, the wife is not, because of of mobility issues. He said, last we talked about it, that she thinks she's safe since she doesn't go anywhere and only sees her husband and aides.
I don't think that's enough anymore, if it ever was. I worry about them.
 
Last edited:

Stora

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
332
SL Rez
2002
Father's regret at not having jab after Christmas in hospital

A father-of-three says he has been given a "second chance" after spending Christmas in an intensive care unit with coronavirus.
Andy Pugh, from Worcester, had declined to have a Covid vaccine before he became ill on 4 December.
He was taken to hospital where he spent three weeks in intensive care and was told he had a 50% chance of surviving.
Now in recovery, he said his experience had changed his perspective and urged others like him to get a jab.


Covid: Father's regret at not having jab after Christmas in hospital
 

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,256
SL Rez
2006
I am not getting this vaccine. Ever! Never going to get it. I don’t care if I’m on my deathbed and they say it can save you, I’m not going to get it.
The unhinged illogic of this is entertaining, but I wouldn't be the least surprised to find out she has been fully vaxxed. She's either mentally ill or a con man. Hard to tell on this one.
 

CronoCloud Creeggan

Eliza, because Free says so.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 26, 2018
Messages
2,607
Location
Central Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
278
The unhinged illogic of this is entertaining, but I wouldn't be the least surprised to find out she has been fully vaxxed. She's either mentally ill or a con man. Hard to tell on this one.
Why not both? You'll have to imagine the why not both girl meme.
 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
The unhinged illogic of this is entertaining, but I wouldn't be the least surprised to find out she has been fully vaxxed. She's either mentally ill or a con man. Hard to tell on this one.
Why not both? You'll have to imagine the why not both girl meme.
I say she's def a grifter, and as for mentally ill, that's the whole hard right, isn't it?
I mean, who in their right mind would worship TFG?
 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
Thread


Tl;dr -- OP "does her own research" on the image in the anti-vax poster and discovers it's that of Rachel Scott, one of the children murdered in the Columbine shooting.
If the person who made those is found, I hope Rachel Scott's family sues them like the Dandy Hook families sued Alex Jones.
 

bubblesort

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 16, 2018
Messages
1,990
One more reason why they should release the full vaccine formulae to the public... pot heads are geniuses at solving problems like this. I bet you anything, if the pot heads ever got their hands on that formula, they would find a way to make a smokable vaccine. Vaccine hesitancy would drop through the floor if they replaced needles with blunts. They'd probably come up with a strain of marijuana that actually grows vaccine inside the flower or something crazy.
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,698
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
One more reason why they should release the full vaccine formulae to the public... pot heads are geniuses at solving problems like this. I bet you anything, if the pot heads ever got their hands on that formula, they would find a way to make a smokable vaccine.
The "formula" is not something you can simply grow in your attic.
 

Ashiri

√(-1)
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
936
Location
RL: NZ
SL Rez
2007
SLU Posts
-1
I was sure someone had previously posted the details of the Biontech/Pfizer vaccine, but here it is again: mRNA Vaccine
 

bubblesort

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 16, 2018
Messages
1,990
The "formula" is not something you can simply grow in your attic.
Oh yeah? Check this out!

Note: I'm cross posting between threads... and between different forums, in different categories of forums. IDK if that's ok or not. If it's not, then I'm sorry, I won't do it again. Innula Zenovka 's post was just too perfect not to post here, LOL.
 
  • 1not-sure
Reactions: Free

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
Oh yeah? Check this out!



Note: I'm cross posting between threads... and between different forums, in different categories of forums. IDK if that's ok or not. If it's not, then I'm sorry, I won't do it again. Innula Zenovka 's post was just too perfect not to post here, LOL.
It would be nice if they had a list of products. Looking at hemp oil on Amazon, there's no way to tell, even with lists of ingredients.
There will probably be a run on hemp oil products, lol.
Also maybe licorice?
“Our earlier research reported on the discovery of another compound, one from licorice, that binds to the spike protein too,” he said. “However, we did not test that compound, licochalcone A, for activity against the live virus yet. We need new funding for that.”
 
Last edited:

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
4,140
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
9410
It would be nice if they had a list of products. Looking at hemp oil on Amazon, there's no way to tell, even with lists of ingredients.
There will probably be a run on hemp oil products, lol.
Also maybe licorice?
Guess its time for me to get back to ordering my sugar free salmiakki.
 
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: CronoCloud Creeggan

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
On the flip side of that :
I have a friend who lost her father to COVID. He had it, and died, before the vaccines were available, so the kind of vitriol in the article doesn't apply. But...
In with the friends and even strangers offering support and sympathy, they're were COVID deniers and minimizers who harped on his supposed comorbidities (which thru didn't know if he had any, but that didn't stop them) or how he must've died of something else, because (insert conspiracy theory here) or the "99% survival rate" the bot was pushing. Not that you could tell those people that survival.=/= recovery in all cases anyway.
She'd post how much she misses him, as people in grief do, and urge people, in passing (the grief was the main point) to get vaccinated and mask up.
Well, antivaxxers can't let that pass unchallenged. Her grief didn't matter, only their anger.
Damned if you do and damned if you don't.