- Joined
- Sep 20, 2018
- Messages
- 5,893
- SL Rez
- 2007
The WSJ news made a point of referring to him as "centrist democrat" as if opposing a bill favored by 70% of Americans could be considered "centrist."
Speculation that that's the purpose, but ExxonMobil are pouring money into his pockets to see that the environment isn't cleaned up, so, same result.Didn't I read somewhere he is getting paid to sabotage the Dems? Or is that only speculation or "...some Democrats are..."?
He doesn't, that is just the relatively acceptable thing for him to pretend publicly. I think his real reason is because the environmental measures of the bill would hurt the coal companies that own him.Why does Joe Manchin hate children so much?
What I've heard is it's mostly about coal money... but I admit I'm uncertain of exactly how proven that is.Didn't I read somewhere he is getting paid to sabotage the Dems? Or is that only speculation or "...some Democrats are..."?
That and he thinks they'll use that money to take time off work and "go hunting". Yeah, he REALLY doesn't think much of the residents of West Virginia. Even to the point of ignoring the 68% of them who were for many, if not most, of the provisions in this bill.There was universal Pre-K in the BBB plan, as well as the continued child tax credit. He was worried that parents would use that $300 to buy drugs because he thinks so little of his own constituents.
Manchin founded and owns a coal brokering business. That would be a perfect vehicle to pay him off under the table. A coal seller could just sell him some a bit below market price, and let him skim the difference.He doesn't, that is just the relatively acceptable thing for him to pretend publicly. I think his real reason is because the environmental measures of the bill would hurt the coal companies that own him.
What I've heard is it's mostly about coal money... but I admit I'm uncertain of exactly how proven that is.
Isn't just job to do what his constituents want? If they will go hunting or buy drugs then that's what he should want.There was universal Pre-K in the BBB plan, as well as the continued child tax credit. He was worried that parents would use that $300 to buy drugs because he thinks so little of his own constituents. How Republican of him. So sorry. I should have said, that Joe Manchin hates children and also, he needs coal money to buy his drugs.
He doesn't, that is just the relatively acceptable thing for him to pretend publicly. I think his real reason is because the environmental measures of the bill would hurt the coal companies that own him.

That's what happened here in Missouri! McCaskill had a very "centrist" voting record. She voted with Republicans literally like 50% of the time but Hawley shamelessly claimed that she was just another AOC who would mindlessly vote against anything Trump wanted. The funny thing is that I know some left loonies who seemed to think McCaskill would have done better if she was further left... like no... it wasn't her it was Missouri.If Manchin is ousted, he will not be replaced by someone who is an actual Democrat, he will be replaced by either another faux-Democrat or by a right-wing lunatic. Because that's what West Virginians want.
Yeah, even if Manchin were to be voted out over this (is he even running next time?), it's not like his successor will cross party lines to vote for a Democratic bill. And no matter how angry West Virginians may be over his opposition to BBB programs that would bring them some much needed aid, they won't vote for a true Democrat when election rolls around. Because abortion. Because fill-in-the-blank that carries more weight with them than all the funding that Dems are trying to provide.The funny thing is that I know some left loonies who seemed to think McCaskill would have done better if she was further left... like no... it wasn't her it was Missouri.
That's their go-to for every politician that isn't Bernie, or maybe AOC.That's what happened here in Missouri! McCaskill had a very "centrist" voting record. She voted with Republicans literally like 50% of the time but Hawley shamelessly claimed that she was just another AOC who would mindlessly vote against anything Trump wanted. The funny thing is that I know some left loonies who seemed to think McCaskill would have done better if she was further left... like no... it wasn't her it was Missouri.