Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Also, 197 is a lot of possible insurrectionists.
Yes, we have a major problem with the House of Representatives. Many of them do not take their oath to defend the constitution as binding. Some of them are out and out seditionists and others ran for office merely to destroy it.

Cindy Claveau

SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
Yes, we have a major problem with the House of Representatives. Many of them do not take their oath to defend the constitution as binding. Some of them are out and out seditionists and others ran for office merely to destroy it.
American education strikes again.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
American education strikes again.
As a rule, I'd state that the vast majority of them are fully aware of their oathbreaking, however, some of the newer members such as any Tea Party or QAnon ones aren't fit to be dogcatcher let alone a representative based upon their knowledge or lack of it.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I'm on my 3rd TV since Trump was elected :)
I have a tv - but I rarely watch it, and the last one of those was broken by my poor departed siamese who was afraid of widths. Both were gifts from my mom - the current is her first 4k one that she replaced, and the other was one of my grandmother's tvs....

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I long ago asked myself if I watched enough TV for it to be worth buying a TV licence (currently £157.50 a year) when most of what I want to watch is available legally, for free or for a moderate fee, online.

When I put it like that, the answer was obvious.

Reporters get paid to listen to him live so I don't have to, so I am able strictly to control my direct exposure both to Trump's true awfulness and to that of many live commentators.

If I really want to watch or to listen to him, I can always click the play button.

If hearing his voice, and seeing his mouth move and his arms wave, is worth the effort.

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
If hearing his voice, and seeing his mouth move and his arms wave, is worth the effort.
'Worth the effort?' I'm not sure it'd ever be, except in rare cases... and for those a simple tablespoon of ipecac syrup would perform the same function with less psychological damage.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
But we have their names on a list now. In two years, when they run for re-election and Trump is in prison for a multitude of crimes, his opponent can bring up this vote. In the mean time, a lot of businesses are rethinking their campaign contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.