What are you craving RIGHT NOW?

Khamon

Folk Harpist
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
3,167
Location
Alabama
SL Rez
2003
Joined SLU
2007
Free said:
have a hankering for a milk shake (well, frappe) from the ice cream place down the road.

Better hurry, as they close for for the season at the end of September.

I may also pick up a pint of their Albanian Baklava. Now there's an ice cream flavor!
Everybody I know now knows about your baklava ice cream and all of us are envious as hell and rethinking our lives wait dammit donut I'm in Rhode Island. People are coming here from Maine and New Hampshire right though there. Sorry gotta go get on the phone. Wish me luck.
 

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
9,522
Location
Montréal
SL Rez
2007
Yes, I can’t stop thinking about Free’s baklava ice cream! Why have I never heard of this magnificent combination?

I looked it up, and there a few places around here!

One has “a dedicated Crème Glacée Baklava (Baklava Ice Cream) available in scoops and 500ml tubs. Reviewers rave that it is incredibly rich, sweet, and nutty.”

One soft serve place has “a popular "Phyllo-Sophe" sundae which consists of vegan soft serve topped with actual crispy baklava, a pistachio and maple syrup coulis, and kataifi crumble.”

Another “A legendary family-run Syrian institution operating since 1970. Alongside their world-class, flaky baklava assortment, they serve an incredible house-made Baklava Ice Cream and traditional elastic ashta (Middle Eastern clotted cream) bouza ice cream.”

Definitely gonna get me some this week, and its all Free’s fault
 

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
9,522
Location
Montréal
SL Rez
2007
Omg, they offer a baklava ice cream cake, too. You have to preorder it and it’s 65$ cad

 

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
5,478
Location
Columbus, OH
SL Rez
2010
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
42
I am baking fudge brownies. Made mocha cream cheese frosting. Now I will see if I can wait for them to cool before frosting.
Disembodied voice of Morgan Freeman: But Dr Quandry did not let them cool. They were delicious none the less.
 

Khamon

Folk Harpist
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
3,167
Location
Alabama
SL Rez
2003
Joined SLU
2007
Everybody I know now knows about your baklava ice cream and all of us are envious as hell and rethinking our lives wait dammit donut I'm in Rhode Island. People are coming here from Maine and New Hampshire right though there. Sorry gotta go get on the phone. Wish me luck.
Update: by the time I thought of this everyone had already gone through. Kelly would've brought some but had to work all day and had no way to keep it cold for delivery. However, she invited us to her wife's fiftieth birthday in January, and they're in Lawrence, MA so close enough to nip up and satisfy the craving. I love Amy and am happy to attend her party but the ice cream too!
 

Myradyl Muse

Mermaid Myradyl Muse
Joined
Feb 22, 2019
Messages
487
Location
At Sea in the great Canadian North
SL Rez
2003
Oddly enough I'm craving salmon wellington in that yummy phylo pastry. I made it once way back but it's heckuva lotta work and layering, and kind of costly to prep. I've yet to find a place that makes it as good as homemade though. Drats.