- Joined
- Sep 20, 2018
- Messages
- 5,892
- SL Rez
- 2007
So, I was renting a homestead with a particular land lord for a long, long time. Yesterday morning, I suddenly lost the ability to access my land. I had over 3 weeks rent paid on the box so was of course quite confused and thought for sure I must have jacked up something with the security.
I contacted my land lord and nothing. They hadn't been online in days and for all I know could be dead. I tried contacting them over discord etc and nothing.
Just this morning I get contacted by the actual land rental company who my land lord was sub renting from. They figured out I was likely the renter from the intermediate land lord since the homestead was full of my objects. My land lord had vanished and stopped paying them. They let me switch my rental to directly from them and I eventually got access to my land back and all my stuff back etc. The true rental company was very nice and helpful.
Of course, I still have over 3 weeks rent paid to the old land lord that I would be shocked to get back (I did ask). I also found out the previous land lord was ripping me off a lot... I was surprised to learn how much since I did some shopping around before I started renting with them. Apparently, A LOT of sub renting and price gouging is going on.
I contacted my land lord and nothing. They hadn't been online in days and for all I know could be dead. I tried contacting them over discord etc and nothing.
Just this morning I get contacted by the actual land rental company who my land lord was sub renting from. They figured out I was likely the renter from the intermediate land lord since the homestead was full of my objects. My land lord had vanished and stopped paying them. They let me switch my rental to directly from them and I eventually got access to my land back and all my stuff back etc. The true rental company was very nice and helpful.
Of course, I still have over 3 weeks rent paid to the old land lord that I would be shocked to get back (I did ask). I also found out the previous land lord was ripping me off a lot... I was surprised to learn how much since I did some shopping around before I started renting with them. Apparently, A LOT of sub renting and price gouging is going on.





