Nobody Cares: Technology-only Edition

SL Rez
SLU Posts
I feel sorry for some of these IT support people. I use T-Mobile for my cell service. When I press 5 on some message in my voicemail it is supposed to give me the date and time the message was left. I lived on the west coast for a few years but have been back here on the east coast for over a year. Pressing 5 still gives me Pacific time on my messages. So not the biggest deal in the world but irritating. I spent over an hour with a woman from the Phillipines trying to troubleshoot this to no avail. She seemed to understand I have three phone numbers. She called me on google voice to my laptop so we could talk and experiment with my cell phone. In the meantime I used my textnow number to call my usual number and leave messages for testing. Nothing worked so she has filed a report with their engineers to get back to me within three days.

So the problem isn't fixed but I give her an A+ for doing what she could.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

Looks like there were some attempts by threat actors to wheedle their way into more open source projects. Because the projects were much larger and had some set security protocols though, the attempts didn't work. But smaller projects are obvs still vulnerable to this kind of thing, and it's going to take work to figure out how many projects have been infiltrated or hijacked like this. Cuz there's bound to be some.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi