Is Slink Dead?

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,457
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
I've noticed there seems to be less and less clothing with Slink Options included. Is Slink just sort of dead?

And on that subject, any suggestions for the more popular equivalent to Slink Physique?
 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
I've noticed there seems to be less and less clothing with Slink Options included. Is Slink just sort of dead?

And on that subject, any suggestions for the more popular equivalent to Slink Physique?
Maitreya Lara has the most clothing made for it. I'm guessing this is because other people find it more convenient to use for the same reasons I do. For one thing, you don't have to remember to attach the hands and feet; they're included.
I've also noted that the Maitreya group is more helpful than the Slink one.
 

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
4,140
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
9410
Maitreya Lara has the most clothing made for it. I'm guessing this is because other people find it more convenient to use for the same reasons I do. For one thing, you don't have to remember to attach the hands and feet; they're included.
I've also noted that the Maitreya group is more helpful than the Slink one.
Actually, Slink Redeux doesn't have seperate hands and feet, and because its optimised for BOM, is a lot less of a lag monster too.

Also, Slink now has not only the petite torso options but a masculine one.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Maitreya body, like its above Legacy for me, but below Slink and Belleza.

But yes, for a while now, barely anyone makes slink stuff, especially not for the slimmer physique body. When I have spoons I stab at it, and well, need to now for my malt who has the homme chest.... no one makes stuff for that, but it looks gorgeous.
 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
Actually, Slink Redeux doesn't have seperate hands and feet, and because its optimised for BOM, is a lot less of a lag monster too.

Also, Slink now has not only the petite torso options but a masculine one.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Maitreya body, like its above Legacy for me, but below Slink and Belleza.

But yes, for a while now, barely anyone makes slink stuff, especially not for the slimmer physique body. When I have spoons I stab at it, and well, need to now for my malt who has the homme chest.... no one makes stuff for that, but it looks gorgeous.
Hm, I'll have to take another look, could've sworn I had to add the hands and feet to Redux.
I don't suppose your could tell me where they keep the neck fix, too? I haven't been able to find it.
 

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
4,140
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
9410
Hm, I'll have to take another look, could've sworn I had to add the hands and feet to Redux.
I don't suppose your could tell me where they keep the neck fix, too? I haven't been able to find it.
I didn't need a neck fix - and it might be that if you get the full body you only need to wear the body?

The neck fix might be as simple as check the neck size on the hud? I'll look next time I'm in world.
 
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Romana

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
I didn't need a neck fix - and it might be that if you get the full body you only need to wear the body?

The neck fix might be as simple as check the neck size on the hud? I'll look next time I'm in world.
I'm sure I checked the neck size and toggled it, but there may be something else I missed. I do have the full body.
 

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,457
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
[laughs in Tonic Fine Body]
[cries because maybe 3 people make clothes for it]
That's a little disappointing because I was thinking it might be an alternative.

I like Maitreya, but it's a bit too curvy for what I want on my alt. Even when trying to make it not curvy.
 

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,254
SL Rez
2006
I didn't have much trouble making Beebo not curvy with Maitreya.
 

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
Joined
Dec 24, 2018
Messages
3,540
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
0
Beezle is skinny with it ...
 

Monica Dream

But spirit is something that no one destroys
Joined
Dec 21, 2019
Messages
1,326
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
7008
That's a little disappointing because I was thinking it might be an alternative.

I like Maitreya, but it's a bit too curvy for what I want on my alt. Even when trying to make it not curvy.
I still like it and I went back to it again. I've found the group to be pretty helpful -in fact, when I complained about BOM I had someone (just another customer) come to me and walk me through it.

Depending on your style, there's enough clothes out there to be worthwhile; though I've learned the hard way to check the contents of each purchase -even from stores that sell some Tonic clothing.

Speaking of dev kits, Tonic's is the only one I have (unless you count Ruth2 -and no one does), because I was able to get it pretty easily (I forget how easily, I think I may have paid 1k to join a group? Or maybe I simply joined the group?).

As I say -I just gave up on Maitreya and Lelutka and went back to Tonic for whatever that's worth. (I tend to not do a huge amount of clothes shopping, however)
 

Monica Dream

But spirit is something that no one destroys
Joined
Dec 21, 2019
Messages
1,326
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
7008
I didn't have much trouble making Beebo not curvy with Maitreya.
Maybe it's me, but I've never been able to get it to have an ass that didn't stick out more than I wanted. Not flat but not like totally sticking out. 🤷

To be fair, I am horrible with editing shapes and I'm never happy with what I end up with.
 

GoblinCampFollower

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
5,877
SL Rez
2007
Maybe it's me, but I've never been able to get it to have an ass that didn't stick out more than I wanted. Not flat but not like totally sticking out. 🤷

To be fair, I am horrible with editing shapes and I'm never happy with what I end up with.
Besides butt size, pay attention to body fat and thickness sliders along with hip width. sometimes mesh bodies use them all in ways that aren't totally intuitive.
 

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,457
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
Maybe it's me, but I've never been able to get it to have an ass that didn't stick out more than I wanted. Not flat but not like totally sticking out. 🤷

To be fair, I am horrible with editing shapes and I'm never happy with what I end up with.
This has been my issue.

I suppose I could always send my shape to an alt with Maitreya and see if I can make it work, then if so we'll, upgrade to Maitreya.
 

Gear

Resident Anime
Joined
Sep 24, 2018
Messages
72
SL Rez
2008
My solution to dealing with problem shapes is to work on them a bit at a time, get in the neighborhood of what I want, and then swap around a little.

Coming back to a problem butt with a fresh perspective can help a lot. I fought with my boobs for ages when I swapped from the HG to the Freya.

But I often have a half dozen different AVs I wear as the mood strikes me, so this isn't an ideal solution for everyone.

I wonder if the issue Slink has right now is that they are a little behind the curve (haw). There's renewed interest in a more petite body now after ages of emphasis on bigger curves. I haven't actually played with the Physique in ages, maybe it's time to see what I can make the current version do....
 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
Actually, Slink Redeux doesn't have seperate hands and feet, and because its optimised for BOM, is a lot less of a lag monster too.

Also, Slink now has not only the petite torso options but a masculine one.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Maitreya body, like its above Legacy for me, but below Slink and Belleza.

But yes, for a while now, barely anyone makes slink stuff, especially not for the slimmer physique body. When I have spoons I stab at it, and well, need to now for my malt who has the homme chest.... no one makes stuff for that, but it looks gorgeous.
I played with my Slink Physique for a while when I went inworld today, and while my Redux has Redux hands and feet,they aren't part of the body ; still have to be attached. It's up to date beats I checked everything when I got back after my time away from SL, so are there two different versions? If the version with the hands and feet attached is an upgrade, I should have gotten it when I checked, yes?Also, I tried the neck settings on the Slink HUD, and I still can't get a seamless match with any of them ("Off" comes closest). I tried adjusting my shape, too.
 

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
4,140
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
9410
I played with my Slink Physique for a while when I went inworld today, and while my Redux has Redux hands and feet,they aren't part of the body ; still have to be attached. It's up to date beats I checked everything when I got back after my time away from SL, so are there two different versions? If the version with the hands and feet attached is an upgrade, I should have gotten it when I checked, yes?Also, I tried the neck settings on the Slink HUD, and I still can't get a seamless match with any of them ("Off" comes closest). I tried adjusting my shape, too.
Weird, I think I contacted slink and got the single whole body but its been a while. Basically, if you own the hands, feet and body, I believe she will upgrade to the single mesh pack, but I' not 100% on this.