Black Desert Online Getting Great Expedition Expansion and Shai Class

Imnotgoing Sideways

Puts the FU in Cute
Still quite confused by the game. Pretty much just jumping through all the quests the 'R' key can get me to. After something like level 5, everything is a 1-hit kill. Still, not bad for something I've put $0 into. (-_-)

I gotta admit, I really love being adorable and homicidal at the same time. =^-^=
Immy be like, "Heyas! I'm here to brutally eviscerate you!"

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Still quite confused by the game. Pretty much just jumping through all the quests the 'R' key can get me to. After something like level 5, everything is a 1-hit kill. Still, not bad for something I've put $0 into. (-_-)
You won't meet more demanding enemies until you've reached a substantial, higher level. I guess it was after reaching around 50 or so in my time. But then when you are going to the grinding spots the enemies suddenly become really demanding, and you better got healing potions and good equipment with you, otherwise you're toast.

Of course this might have changed by now, since Pearl did increase the low level mob difficulty sometime ago in the past.

I mean: they even implemented AFK leveling into this game. You can just park your avatar somewhere in big cities for hours when you've reached a certain level, and let the game do the job for you. And traveling around is quite time consuming, since there is no teleport or quick travel, and the map is huge. You better have a fast mount, or else... it takes time. And running around definitely takes even more time.

Imnotgoing Sideways

Puts the FU in Cute
I just hit level 50 last night and starting to think playing Shai is easy mode.

I honestly thought there was a glitch in my health bar. That's the red one, right? I've never seen it go down.

When in one of those "kill 100 of these" quests, I have a harder time FINDING things to kill than killing them. And, yes, I'm in the marked zone hunting for orange dots in the minimap.

Can't say it's not satisfying, though. I'll run around for a bit and herd beasts up to a cluster then SHRED the mess. All being a squeaky little crud flipping and tumbling all around. =^-^=

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
My guild nerds are finding the Shai to be an absolute wrecking machine in PVE, but weird in PVP. As in they're insanely hard to kill with all their healing powers, but they might as well be smacking other players with a pillow. The guild UberNerd has been ganked someone with his Shai somehow anyway, because he's that good.

Aki

(Anne Cloud)
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Ages Ago.
Shai HP and weight capacity is abnormally high compared to other classes. They can take a lot on the PvE side and can pretty much constantly run healing for themselves, so survivability is really quite good.

I don't PvP, so i can't really comment on that side.

Have hit level 58 - the slow slog toward level 60 commences!

Of note: if you haven't yet already, grab your 530% combat/skill xp loyalty scrolls from the shop!

Imnotgoing Sideways

Puts the FU in Cute
Weaponized Djembe!!! =^-^=

Starting to get used to the game but still finding it crazy complex. The whole nodes, trades, connecting things baffles me. (o_O)

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Starting to get used to the game but still finding it crazy complex. The whole nodes, trades, connecting things baffles me. (o_O)
It is quite complex and can take a while to get the hang of the crafting but, since I know you've played EVE, it is less complex than that.

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
BDO is out on PS4 now, I rolled me up a Witch because we don't have Valkryies or Shai yet. And yes, I'm a green-eyed redhead as usual

Black Desert_20190824044225 by cronocloudcreeggan, on Flickr

Black Desert_20190824044529 by cronocloudcreeggan, on Flickr

Black Desert_20190824044600 by cronocloudcreeggan, on Flickr

I haven't played enough to get a solid opinion yet, though IMHO they need to work on the UI and do a better job of explaining the UI/Controls. They need a good tutorial. I wouldn't recommend BDO as someone's first MMO, IMHO STO or Neverwinter, would be better choices as a "first MMO". That said, BDO does have really nice looking characters reminding me of FFXIV in a way, it also reminds me of Tera in the aesthetics as well, and how it handles it's premium stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: Ashiri

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
BDO, aiding and abetting one attempted date rape at a time:

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
BDO: Here's a set of pretty hair styles for the Guardian!
Me: Do you have any that look ready to hang scrotums from a pike?
BDO: Don't be silly, here's a bow for your hair! <3